UCLA TDG Lunch-N-Learn Seminar Series
for UCLA Faculty & Postdoc Entrepreneurs
Date: December 13, 2016
Time: 12:00pm - 1:00pm
Location: CNSI at UCLA - 5th Floor Presentation Room
Topic: "Getting Your Startup from Idea to Funding"
Speaker(s): Lou Berneman, Founding Partner, Osage University Partners
Lou Berneman is the founding partner of Osage University Partners ($315 M under management), a venture fund that invests exclusively in university start-ups. Previously, Lou was managing director of the University of Pennsylvania Center for Technology Transfer. He has been involved in intellectual property licensing, business development, and entrepreneurial activities for 30+ years and is a Certified Licensing Professional (CLP) and Registered Technology Transfer Professional (RTTP). He has helped to found 4 startups based on technology licensed from academia. He has testified as an expert in intellectual property litigation in federal and state courts and in arbitrations. Lou has a baccalaureate degree from Pennsylvania State University, a teaching credential from University of California Santa Barbara, and masters and doctoral degrees from Teachers College, Columbia University.
UCLA TDG and CNSI are pleased to host the Lunch-N-Learn seminar series for entrepreneurially-minded UCLA faculty and postdocs. The series covers the basic steps involved in starting a company. Each seminar will be presented by law or financial firms with extensive experience in the startup arena.
Lunch & Learn Series Topics Archive
- 09/30/15 - Art of the Venture Capital Term Sheet
- 10/16/15 - Perfecting Your Pitch to Investors
- 11/3/15 - Understanding Equity Distributions (WSGR)
- 11/18/15 - (canceled)
- 12/1/15 - What Entrepreneurs Need to Know about Intellectual Property (Stubbs Alderton)
- 01/13/16 - Evaluating, Selecting, and Negotiating with a Strategic Partner (Sheppard Mullin))
- 01/21/16 - Understanding Startup Valuation (Early Growth Financial)
- 03/03/16 - Co-Founders and Startups – What you need to know
- 04/07/16 - Navigating the Startup Funding Cycle (Square 1 Bank)
- 04/29/16 - The Art of Financial Projections (Moss Adams)
- 08/24/16 - Understanding Boards of Directors
- 10/05/16 - Understanding the Venture Capital Term Sheet (Orrick)
When & Where
UCLA TDG Events
The UCLA Technology Development Group (TDG) hosts and co-sponsors seminars, conferences, and networking events designed to help UCLA inventors form startups, protect intellectual property, and develop collaborations with industry.
UCLA TDG events also provide unique opportunities for entrepreneurs and industry executives to meet UCLA faculty researchers developing the next wave of innovation at UCLA.