- Protecting Your Business - Confidentiality and Nondisclosure Agreements, Non-solicitation Agreements.
- Swimming With The Sharks – Term sheets that can screw you
- stock versus promissory note
- ownership versus loan
- debt-to-equity conversion
- losing control via ownership and board seats
- Deferred Compensation – Get what you can up front; everything else is uncertain.
- Best Practices – Disclosures, and how they affect your ability on the back end.
Melanie Mulcahy is a partner at the Derbes Law Firm, LLC, and has practiced law for more than 15 years. Her practice areas come from significant experience in commercial litigation and transactions, entity law, construction law, bankruptcy law, and employment law. Her insight as assistant general counsel for a publically traded telecom company is invaluable for tech startups.
Abid Hussain is of counsel at the Derbes Law Firm, LLC. Prior to practicing law for almost nine years, he worked at tech startups and Fortune 500 tech companies for eight years as a marketing manager and web developer. His law practice focuses on corporate law and protecting startups from catastrophic legal pitfalls.
Also join us for Part 1: Housekeeping; Being Attractive To Investors on June 17th.
When & Where
Launch Pad is a network of workspaces for entreprenuers, creatives and professionals connecting rising markets to opportunity.