2016 is my last year before university, so I've decided to have a concert to fund my future music-making. This concert will feature a solo piano work and five of my works for orchestra (some with soloists), each unique and individual:
- 'Célébrations pour Jésus' played by Hannah Th'ng as the audience comes in
- A selection of movements from 'Symphony No. 12 "Love Songs"', with soloist Alex Toussaint-Jackson (coloratura soprano)
- 'Alto Saxophone Concerto', with soloist Bridget Cleary (alto saxophone)
- Two movements from 'Hellenic Suite - Book I: "The Olympians"' (large orchestra)
- 'Psalm 139' (rock band [featuring bassoon], visuals, and electronics)
- A selection of movements from 'Symphony No. 11 "Magna Symphonia" (160-piece orchestra)
After "The Olympians", there will be a 20-minute interval with food and drinks!
For public transport: both the Red (WACA) and Yellow (Don Aitken Centre and Main Roads) CBD CAT buses stop near Trinity College.
For parking: Trinity Avenue and Nelson Avenue have small areas for parking space; parking can be found along Nelson Crescent and Waterloo Crescent near Gloucester Park but requires a 5-minute walk.
Please be sure to arrive early to be able to listen to some of 'Célébrations pour Jésus' and to not be late as front of house will not let you through until the rest of the piece is over which means you could be waiting for 20 minutes.
The concert will be at Gibney Hall. For those who don't know where that is, front of house will be at four of the doors (one on Nelson Avenue, one on Trinity Avenue (ground floor of Gibney Hall), one on the first floor, and one on the second floor). Programs will be able to be picked up at these locations.
Money raised will go towards funding an opera with an expected completion and performance by 2018; WAYO's tour to Japan; and future performances and musical endeavors.