Lucene/Solr Revolution 2016 is the largest conference dedicated to the Apache Lucene/Solr search platform, which powers some of the most heavily-trafficked websites and applications in the world. Join hundreds of engineers and developers and some of the largest and most innovative companies to learn and collaborate on all things open source search and data discovery.
The multi-track conference will feature content on all things related to Solr, and is suitable for developers, architects, system administrators, enterprise users, data scientists, IT managers, and Solr users of all levels.
Tuesday, October 11: Preconference Training: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Wednesday, October 12: Preconference Training: 9:00am - 5:00pm, Welcome Reception: 5:30pm - 7:30pm
Thursday, October 13: Conference Day 1: 8:30am - 5:30pm, Conference Party: 6:30pm - 8:30pm
Friday, October 14: Conference Day 2: 9:00am - 4:30pm
Preconference training will be offered on October 11-12, 2016 as part of the 'One Day Fusion Training + Conference' and 'Two-Day Solr Training + Conference' registration packages. Course summaries provided below.
You must purchase a Training + Conference registration in order to attend training.
A Hands-On Workshop for Building Killer Search Apps
Starting with the fundamentals of search and Apache Solr, this two-day course covers:
- Setting up a Solr cluster
- Creating and updating schemas
- Indexing data
- Tuning relevance
- Extended features such as geospatial search, spell checking, highlighting, etc.
- Analytics and visualizations using Solr
Solr Unleashed is intended to provide the grounding required to build rock solid and scalable search applications that provide relevant results.
Who Should Attend?
This hands-on course is intended for developers, and is primarily designed for people who have experience developing web applications. However, by providing an excellent introduction to Solr, it brings value to all professionals who will be involved in architecting, evaluating, deploying, or managing applications based on Solr. It serves as a pre-requisite for most of our other courses.
Solr Under the Hood
Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Solr
To build and troubleshoot large-scale search applications, developers need to understand topics of increasing complexity within Solr. This two-day course covers topics such as:
- Underlying architecture
- Performance, sizing, and scaling of a Solr cluster
- Garbage collection
- Caching, latency, and near real-time requirements
- Field-level analysis chains
- Commonly encountered scenarios with troubleshooting guidelines
Who Should Attend?
This hands-on course is for advanced professionals who want to move from Solr developers to Solr rock stars.
Solr Unleashed or at least 1-2 years of hands-on experience developing applications in Solr.
Solr and Big Data
Solr has been integrated into the stack of almost every major Hadoop and NoSQL vendor—including Hortonworks, Cloudera, MapR, DataStax, and Couchbase. This two-day course provides hands-on experience with the interplay of Solr and big data technologies using specific use cases such as enterprise search with large document sizes and volumes, and log analytics with near real-time requirements. Topics covered include:
- High-level introductions to Solr, Hadoop, and NoSQL
- Indexing to Solr from Hadoop using the Lucidworks connector
- The MapReduceIndexer tool that creates and stores Solr/Lucene indexes on HDFS
- High-volume indexing using Flume
- The Couchbase connector
- Applications involving Solr and other NoSQL databases
Solr Unleashed or equivalent experience, as well as some high-level familiarity with Hadoop and NoSQL. Hands-on labs will abstract the setting up of Hadoop and NoSQL databases, and focus more on how they connect and interplay with Solr.
Getting Started With Lucidworks Fusion
This one-day course provides a technical overview of Fusion– Lucidworks new product that makes getting the most out of Solr that much easier. Attendees will learn:
- How Fusion overlays on top of Solr
- How to set up collections and data connectors using Fusion
- How to modify the data stream going into Solr via Fusion index pipelines
- How queries can be improved and marked up prior to being sent to Solr using Fusion’s query pipelines
- How to set up security and group authentication using Fusion’s built-in security infrastructure
- How to use and interpret Fusion’s Signals feature to close the feedback loop between search users and the search engine
- How to use the Relevancy Workbench, designed to give business users an easy entry into search engine customization
Solr Unleashed or equivalent experience. This course is targeted at developers and power users who know Solr, but want to learn Fusion.
We understand that there may be legitimate reasons to cancel. If you need to cancel, please send your written request to email@example.com by September 11, 2016. Cancellations within 30 days of the event are non-refundable. You may transfer your registration to another person up until September 27, 2016. Confirmed and paid attendees who do not attend or who cancel after the deadline are liable for the entire fee. In the unlikely event of cancellation of the conference, the liability of Lucidworks is limited to the return of paid registration fees.