Thirty (30) seats are available for each date. You must register to secure a seat.
All testers must arrive at the Assessment Center (L201) at 9:30 AM, 30 minutes BEFORE the test, ready to begin.
TESTING WILL BEGIN PROMPTLY AT 10 AM.
Seating capacity is limited to 30 (thirty) testers per session.
You are allowed 5.5 hours to complete the exam. If you finish all parts of the test before the time is up you are free to leave.
The day of the test you will need:
7-digit LSC Student ID Number
PAID Receipt from LSC-Tomball Business Office
Evolve Username and Password
**Scratch paper and a 4-Function calculator will be provided by the testing center.
Prior to Testing:
Create an Evolve Account BEFORE you register for a test.
If you do not have a LSC Student ID number you must obtain one by applying for admission.
Register for the exam and download and print out a LSC-Tomball Testing Ticket. For more information about the Testing Ticket or about applying to the LSC-Tomball Nursing program, visit our Nursing Homepage.
Pay the $35 testing fee. This fee is paid at the LSC-Tomball business office and must be paid prior to taking the test. (You may pay it the day of the test before you come to the Assessment Center.)
About the Nursing Pre-Entrance HESI Exam
- The HESI Nursing Pre-Entrance Test is computer based.
- Students will have a maximum of 5.5 hours to take the exam. With ADA accommodations, students may be allowed longer test taking time.
- A study guide for Evolve Reach Admission Assessment Exam Review (HESI A2) can be purchased online.
- If you take the test at any LSC campus, the score will appear on your application.
- A minimum score of 75 for Basic Track and Transition and a 70 for LVN on ALL SECTIONS are required before applying to the program.
- If you have taken HESI outside the LSC System in the past year, official scores must be sent directly from Elsevier to the nursing program director one week prior to the application deadline; official scores must be submitted from Elsevier.
- The HESI entrance exam scores must be less than one year old at the time of application.
- When retaking the test, students will have to retake all 6 sections of the test.
- Applicants wishing to retest must wait 60 days to retake the HESI Test. Scores from tests taken in violation of the 60-day rule are invalid.