Actions and Detail Panel
LouKyCCDW.com - Concealed Carry Class - May 27th, 2017
Sat, May 27, 2017, 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM EDT
Primary Course Instructor: David Meek
Weapons Specialist, Range Officer, & Co-Instructor: Derek King
This is the registration forum for the next class hosted by LouKyCCDW.com to obtain a Kentucky license to carry a concealed deadly weapon (CCDW). The classroom and live-fire range portion of the class will be held at the facility address listed and is where class participants should report to at the beginning of class. The doors open at 7:40 am and the class will begin promptly at 8:00 am. Kentucky regulates that the classroom portion be not less than 6 hours and be not more than 8 hours which means the classroom portion will end no later than 4:00 pm. The range portion of the course will be outside so please dress appropriately and wear closed toe shoes (no flip flops). In the event of rain, we will still have the classroom portion of the class at the originallay scheduled time and will schedule a follow up time to complete the range portion. We will communicate to registered participants via email so make sure to check that email regularly the day before the class for any updates.
NOTE: Classes with less than 10 registered applicants may be cancelled due to low attendance. We try to avoid this as much as possible and to help us please encourage your friends and family to take the class with you when you sign up. If LouKyCCDW.com cancels a class then all registration fees already collected will be refunded.
The class cost is $85 (which includes a $10 range fee and lunch provided). Advance registration is required. $10 will be charged at the time of registration with the $75 balance due in cash upon arrival the day of the class. The $10 paid for registration reserves your spot in the class and is non-refundable. Each class is limited to a maximum number of participants so register early. Lunch is provided at no additional charge thanks to Nathan Webster with Kentucky Farm Bureau!
In order to obtain a KY CCDW license one must be a legal resident of KY with a VALID driver's license or state issued ID and must be no less than 21 years of age. There is a shooting requirement which is not designed to be challenging but is intended to ensure that each CCDW holder is able to safely control and fire their weapon by hitting only their intended target. Each class participant should bring a good quality handgun, either a revolver or semi-automatic, with 50 rounds of ammunition of the correct caliber. Participants are also required to bring eye and ear protection and a basic gun cleaning kit. Participants that do not bring their own eye & ear protection will be required to purchase those things at the class. For other questions concerning eligibility or anything not covered in the FAQ below please email the primary course instructor at email@example.com.
Can I still take the class and get my CCDW license even if I don't own a gun?
- Yes, it is not required that you own a firearm to obtain a CCDW license. You will need to borrow one from a friend/family member or you may contact the course instructor and inquire about using one of his.
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
- Must be a legal Kentucky Resident and bring your valid Driver's License or State Issued ID to the class.
- Must be no less than 21 years of age
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with other questions concerning eligibility
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
- Free parking available at location.
What must I bring to the event?
- Must bring valid driver's license or state issued ID
- Must bring a functioning quality handgun (revolver or semi-automatic)
- Must bring 50 rounds of ammunition for your handgun of the correct caliber
- Must bring eye and ear protection (you will be required to purchase if not with you)
- Must bring a basic cleaning kit
- Must wear closed-toe shoes and dress appropriately for weather (range is outside, class is indoors).
- If you have dietary restrictions you are welcome to bring your own lunch. (A refrigerator is not available.)
Can I shoot re-loaded ammunition?
- No. All ammunition used must be good quality and factory loaded.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
- All questions should go to David Meek at email@example.com
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
- Yes, as long as communicated to David (firstname.lastname@example.org) no less than 2 full days before the day of the class).
Can I update my registration information?
- Yes, email David at email@example.com
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
- It would be helpful but not required.
What is the refund policy?
- The $10 registration fee is non-refundable. The $75 balance is due in cash upon arrival the day of class and is not refundable if you do not pass the course. If you fail you *may* be allowed to re-take the course at a reduced rate. That is up to the discretion of LouKyCCDW.com and the primary instructor David Meek.
- The only exception to the "non-refundable" registration fee is if LouKyCCDW.com decideds to cancel the class due to weather or low attendance.
The name on the registration/ticket doesn't match the attendee. Is that okay?
- Yes, as long as communicated to David (firstname.lastname@example.org) no less than 2 full days before the day of the class)
Will LouKyCCDW.com teach a private class?
- Yes. Private classes require a minimum number of participants. Email David Meek at email@example.com for more information.