"LET US PLEDGE IN WORD AND DEED OUR LOVE FOR LORIS HIGH!"
10 Years.... Time has definitely flown by, but now it is time to celebrate! We are looking forward to a weekend full of fun and reconnecting with old friends. This event will take place October 2017! Exact dates for the reunion will be announced once the football schedule is released, but planning has already started!
We have set up payment options for the weekend events. We want everyone to take part in the events so please share this event with everyone from our class. Please be mindful of cutoff dates to ensure that all fees are paid and that orders are placed on time.
A scholarship is being established in the name of the LORIS HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATING CLASS OF 2007. If you are able to, we ask that you contribute what you can towards the scholarship. This will be a positive way of giving back as a class and will assist a deserving graduating senior with continuing their education. A goal of $500 has been set so lets do what we can to reach that goal!
This weekend is will no doubt be EPIC!
We look forward to seeing everyone and doing it as only THE CLASS OF 2007 can!
PLANNED WEEKEND EVENTS:
-Homecoming Parade & Football Game
We will participate in the homecoming parade. This is a chance to pick up T-shirts and for everyone to meet and reconnect with friends before the game. We will head over to Heniford Field immediately after parade.
-Cocktail Hour & Dinner (Greg Norman's Australian Grille)
- Chilled jumbo shrimp served with traditional cocktail sauce
- Braised mushrooms with Gouda sauce, served with garlic toast points
- Mixed field greens in a house vinaigrette
Entree (choice of):
- Seared Ahi Tuna with a truffle and mushroom-infused risotto with bacon bourbon glaze
- Wood grilled filet served with garlic whipped potatoes, bacon infused green beans and red wine demi
- 12 oz. supreme chicken breast smothered with andouille sausage and Applewood-smoked cheddar, served over garlic whipped potatoes and finished with creole sauce
- Filet ‘Au Poivre’ with roasted garlic mashed potatoes, creamy peppercorn demi, garnished with spinach and crispy fried onions
- Wood-grilled Atlantic salmon served over whipped potatoes with a creamy succotash of fresh corn, onions, lima beans and Applewood-smoked bacon
- Wood-grilled pork chop rubbed with Los Cruz barbeque seasoning, served with mashed sweet potatoes, vegetable du jour and finished with a ginger barbeque sauce
- Cheesecake with chocolate and caramel sauces
- Coffee, Tea Service
Do I have buy a t-shirt and keychain?
- You do not have to purchase commemorative items. We are asking that ALL CLASS MEMBERS at least purchase a t-shirt to wear during the homecoming parade and football game.
Can I just purchase one item?
- You can pick and choose what commemorative items you want to purchase. See tickets section for pricing breakdown.
Can I purchase a t-shirt for my kids or spouse?
- T-shirts will be available to Loris High School Class of 2007 members only.
Can I bring a plus 1 (guest) along to the events for the weekend?
- Children and other family members will be able to attend homecoming events on Friday night. Due to seating arrangements, no children are allowed to attend the reunion dinner.
What payment options do I have?
- All payments are to be submitted via the EVENTBRITE page. The cutoff to order commemorative items (t-shirt, keychain) will be Friday, July 28, 2017. The cutoff to purchase dinner ticket will be Friday, September 1, 2017. Payment s have been set up in this manner to allow for better planning and ensure that all classmates will be able to attend.
Do I have to participate in all of the activities?
- We hope that everyone will be able to attend all events, but you are not obligated to participate in all activities for the weekend.
Can kids attend the dinner on Saturday?
- Due to seating arrangements and drinking during dinner, no children will be allowed to attend the reunion dinner. Each class member is able to bring one (1) additional person to the dinner.
Will there be vegetarian options available at the restaurant on Saturday?
- See menu options above.
Does the price of the Saturday dinner include (gratuity, tax, dessert, drinks…?)
-Dinner, tax, and gratuity are included in the dinner price ticket. There will be a cash bar available with happy hour drink prices throughout the night.
Whats the dress attire for the Saturday dinner?
-Attire for the reunion dinner will be cocktail attire. Please adhere to attire request.
Will there be any family friendly events that I can bring my kids to?
-Children will be able to attend the homecoming parade and football game on Friday night.
What are the reunion dates?
-Exact reunion dates will be released during the summer 2017 once the football schedule is made available.
Who is on the reunion committee?
-Theodore Wilson, Whitney Anderson, Deava Harrelson, Brittany Graham, Allen Walters
Can we do other activities outside of the plans that have been outlined for the weekend?
- Activities outside of the planned homecoming events are at your discretion.
Do I have to contribute money to the scholarship?
-It is highly encouraged, but you do to have to contribute money to the scholarship.
How will the scholarship funds be distributed?
- Scholarship fund will be collected on distributed to one (1) rising high school graduate who has excelled academically and who exemplifies exceptional leadership skills.
Whose account will store the scholarship funds?
-Scholarship funds will be distributed to school and awarded to deserving student.
Can I write off my scholarship funds contribution as charitable giving for tax purposes?
- You will be able to write off scholarship contributions as charitable giving for tax purposes.