LONGMONT POLICE & BCSO FIRING RANGE - BASIC HANDGUN SAFETY & SHOOTING - MAR 30
Sunday, March 30, 2014 from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM (MDT)
Event details - please make sure you have read all of the instructions before registering.
Basic Handgun Safety and Shooting Course. Presented by instructors from Longmont Police Services at Longmont Department of Public Safety. Learn how to safely store, carry and shoot firearms. This class will be a combination of classroom and practical exercise and is appropriate for the beginner to immediate shooter.
- Gain knowledge and skill to identify and handle aspects of the shooting sport, to include the fundamentals of marksmanship, reloads and malfunctions.
- Enhance existing skills through professional and personalized instruction.
- 1st portion of the class is classroom. 2nd portion of the class is held in the range.
- This course exceeds state standards for concealed carry permit (CCW) requirements. Each participant will receive a certificate upon completion of this course. CCW permits must be obtained in the county in which you reside.
- Class runs from 8am until 6pm on Sunday, March 30, 2014. Class will begin promptly at 8:00am. Participants should plan to arrive just shortly after 7:45am to ensure you are at the classroom on time. Classroom is immediately to the south of the range building.
Open to those 18 years of age or older. Class size is limited to 20.
Class registration closes on Saturday, March 29 at noon. If you register after Friday, March 28 at noon and before Saturday, March 29 at noon you will need to pay by credit card as staff will not be able to accept cash or check at the firing range for your registration.
Class is held at the Longmont Police Department and Boulder County Sheriff's Firing Range and Training Facility. 10916 County Road 5, Longmont. Directions can be found at http://www.ci.longmont.co.us/police/general/firingrange.htm
Cost of class is $200. Registration on Eventbrite can be made by check, cash, or credit card but you must register on Eventbrite. If you are paying by check or cash follow the "Show Other Options" button underneath "Order Now". The deadline for cash/check is Friday, March 28th at noon. No refunds will be issued as staffing is dependent on the number of registrants on Friday, March 28 at noon.
- 250 rounds of ammunition with your own weapon. Weapons are to be left in your locked vehicle until the classroom instruction is complete.
- Signed waiver is required for EVERYONE attending the course. Waiver can be found at the top of the page at http://www.ci.longmont.co.us/police/general/firingrangeclasses.htm
- We recommend that you dress in layers as you will going between buildings and the temperature can vary.
There is a break for lunch, snacks provided.
There is a vending machine for soft drinks available. Bathrooms for orientation are located in the classroom building.
For additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (303)774.4587.
When & Where
LONGMONT DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
Longmont Department of Public Safety (fire, police, emergency management and emergency 9-1-1 center).