Lockout/Tagout of energy (OSHA Regulation 29 CFR 1910.147)
Monday, January 28, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM (PST)
Palo Alto, CA
This 60 minute webinar will provide attendees clear-cut information on creating a Lockout/Tagout (LOTO) program in the workplace in order to safeguard the employees from hazardous energy.
Why Should You Attend:
During the maintenance and service of equipment an unexpected energy surge from startup or stored energy in the machinery can cause injury to employees. This OSHA 29 CFR 1910.147 regulations training will help employers in establishing a comprehensive program and training to prevent employees from possible death, dismemberment or permanent health disability from hazardous energy in the workplace. This webinar will discuss the purpose of the OSHA compliant LOTO program and kinds, types and locations of energy to be controlled. It will help in developing LOTO program and procedures in the organization in order to meet the requirements of 1910.147 standards.
Areas covered in this session:
This session will cover the following topics relating to OSHA 1910.147 standards:
- Compliance with the Program
- Sequence of Lockout
- Who of your employees are affected by the program
- Types and magnitude of energy with its hazards
- Methods of Controlling Energy
- Kinds and Locations of Energy to be controlled
- Types and Location of energy isolating devices
- Verification of Isolation
When & Where
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.