In this two-day Inspired Community Adventure, we explore how local village entrepreneurs design and produce products services inspired by both Mother Nature and their own sense of creativity. We will meet a group of farmers who came together to grow cacao and produce organic chocolate, a woman who makes her own virgin coconut oil using a special recipe calling for 11 types of coconut, a group of farmers who raise gurami fish in their rice terraces, a community of educators who have designed and developed an innovative early childhood educational curriculum intended to inspire local self-sufficiency and sustainability, and a social enterprise focused on promoting and preserving songket fabrics, a time-honored skill that is in danger of being lost and forgotten.
Day 1 (Gumbrih Village, West Bali)
0800-1100: Journey to West Bali (Stop at a beautiful rice terrace along the way.)
1100-1200: Lunch at a secluded beach
1200-1400: Chocolate farm and factory (Learn to make chocolate.)
1400-1600: Virgin coconut oil production site (Learn to make virgin coconut oil.)
1600-1700: Wildlife rescue site (Meet rescued monkeys, snakes, and other animals.)
1700-1800: Dinner at a gurami fish farm
1800: Check into a hotel/resort
Day 2 (Pendem Village, West Bali)
0800-1000: A creative and innovative preschool
1000-1100: Balinese songket production site
1100-1300: Lunch with a local village leader
1300-1400: Meet a local priest (Learn about local spiritual beliefs and receive a blessing.)
1400-1800: Return trip
Sea Medewi Resort, Yeh Sumbul Village, West Bali
Participants on two-day excursions to West Bali will stay at Sea Medewi Resort. Sea Medewi Resort is a moderately priced resort located in front of a secluded beach. The resort has two beautiful swimming pools, meeting space, two swimming pools, two restaurants featuring local and Western cuisine, and a billiards table. Special amenities available for additional cost include surfing lessons, massages, and cream baths.
Typically participants share a room with another participant. However, individuals may request their own room for an additional charge of 32 USD.
- Private transport with air-conditioning and cushioned seats
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner as well as snacks and drinks at all village stops (Most of the food will be vegetarian.)
- Facilitated intercultural dialogue with Balinese communities
- Introductory Indonesian language and Balinese customs/manners course
- Reflective dialogues and storytelling
Things to Bring
- Phone and/or camera (fully charged)
- Your own water bottle (Host community members have been requested not to provide packaged bottled water to guests but to offer refilling stations instead. If you do not have a water bottle, a container can be loaned to you.)
- Swimsuit/towel (optional)
- Curiosity and a taste for adventure
- Umbrella (It is the rainy season.)
Please meet inside the HUBUD Coworking space on Monkey Forest Road at 7:00am We will have small breakfast and coffee together before departing no later than 7:30.
This excursion is limited to 14 participants.
Cancellation policy: Should you need to cancel, please contact us phone (+6283119501359) for a full refund. Cancellations must be made 3 days before the event and no exceptions.