Scouts for Equality, in conjunction with local volunteers, will be holding a Local Equality Summit in the greater Oshkosh, WI metro area. The first-of-its-kind event will offer immersive trainings (covering anti-bullying and creating welcoming spaces), offer a Q&A session with our national volunteers, and give you the tools to continue growing inclusive scouting in your local community. Lunch and refreshments are included in the price and will be provided. Join your fellow scouters for an immersive training day, right here in Oshkosh!
Anyone can attend, even i you have no previous scouting knowledge. While the activities will all be scouting focused, the principles can be translated into other groups as well.
Activities will Include:
- Youth Protection + Training (Youth Protection training specifically oriented for youth)
- Creating Welcoming Spaces Training (How to create a welcoming environment for all in your scouting unit)
- A Q&A Session with SFE National volunteers
- A Session on "Coming Out in Scouting" (Hint, Coming out doesn't have to be about sexuality, it's about being true to yourself)
- A screening of Camp Abercorn,
- Built-in Self-reflection to help you get the most out of the immersive learning.