Local Angels Won't Fund My Health Tech Startup! REGISTER TO ATTEND
Tuesday, January 7, 2014 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM (CST)
Having trouble convincing local angels to fund your health tech startup? Why aren't they writing you a check?! [This meetup is underwritten in part by Factor75 and The Startup Institute - learn more about them below]
Come to our meetup and learn about a series of actual investment conversations that occurred between Scott Vold, a local health tech startup co-founder, and Jordan Dolin, a serial entrepreneur and local angel investor. Jordan did not invest in Scott's startup for nearly a year, but eventually did. Why?
Scott is one half of the co-founding team behind Fibroblast, a health tech startup that automates the patient referral process to improve patient experiences, increase provider revenues, and promote population health. Fibroblast was part of the final Excelerate Labs accelerator class, now reincarnated as TechStars Chicago. Jordan Dolin met Scott through Excelerate, and became a mentor and advisor.
Post demo day, Scott was surprised that local investors weren't giving him any love... (Jordan included.)
- Hear Scott dissect what happened, and listen to Jordan's commentary on the same
- What are needle-movers for local health tech investors? Get the skinny from Jordan
- Scott recently closed his round, hear how he did it - and how he eventually brought Jordan on as an investor, and Jordan's version of the same
This panel will feature:
- Scott Vold - co-founder of Fibroblast, a health tech startup that automates the patient referral process to improve patient experiences, increase provider revenues, and promote population health
- Jordan Dolin - serial entrepreneur, co-founder of Emmi Solutions, and health tech angel investor
- A West Coast-based Seed Investor TBD (hopeful to have this person added to the panel; to get someone's perspective outside of Chicago)
And it will be moderated by David Schonthal - a Kellogg professor of entrepreneurship, venture capital partner at Fusion Ventures, venture catalyst at Ideo and member of Mayor Emanuel's Technology, Innovation and Entrepreneurship Council
- 6p-7p Networking - food and beverages
- 7p-715p Announcements
- 715p-815p Panel Discussion
- 815p-9p Networking
Refund Policy: We don't have the manpower to handle refunds. You can transfer your ticket to someone else, just have them use your name at the door.
Underwriters: We're getting help from these awesome friends to underwrite some of this meetup's expenses:
- Factor75 prepares fresh and inexpensive meals to improve mind and body performance, based on optimizing nutrition, and delivers them to you for free - it's not a diet! :)
- Startup Institute is a career accelerator that helps you gain the skills, mindset and network to succeed in jobs at startups.
When & Where
Chicago Health Tech and Health 2.0
Chicago Health Tech and Health 2.0 is an organization that fosters an environment for innovation, disruption, and entrepreneurial opportunities in the health technology ecosystem.
We bring together the various slices of the healthcare and health technology world by organizing Meetup sessions centered around foundational topics for health tech entrepreneurs, and emerging topics to spark ideas and opportunities for innovation.
Join our newsletter to get info on health tech events around Chicago. http://bit.ly/chitnews