Living Well workshop
Weekly Event - Every Tuesday: 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM (CST)
What is the Living Well workshop?
Developed by Stanford University, Living Well is a Chronic Disease Self-Management program which is evidence-based. The program is a 6-session interactive workshop that helps people who have on-going health conditions learn real-life skills for living a full, healthy life. Participants learn how to take small steps towards positive changes and healthier living. The workshop will build participant confidence and improve their ability to manage day-to-day life.
Living Well is a Powerful Medicine
It is a prescription that is proven to work. Studies show people who took the workshop experienced:
- Greater energy and improved social interactions
- A more engaged and healthier lifestyle
- Better communication with family, friends and health professionals
- Feelings of improved health
- Less time in the hospital
- More confidence in their ability to take care of their health
- Fewer hospitalizations
Many Living Well workshop leaders are people who live with on-going health conditions and have been specially trained to lead the workshop. They understand the challenges of living with a long-term health conditions. The workshops are designed to be a peer-to-peer learning experience with opportunities for interaction and group problem solving.
In the Living Well workshop participants will gain skills to:
- Manage your medications
- Deal with difficult emotions
- Eat well
- Control pain
- Set and accomplish goals
- Fight fatigue and frustration
- Start an exercise program
- Manage stress and relax
- Solve problems
- Communicate better with family, friends and health professionals
For More Information click on the brochure below.