Actions and Detail Panel
Living Well in Bloomington
Thu, April 20, 2017, 1:00 PM – 3:30 PM CDT
A Chronic Disease Self-Management Program
Who can take part?
Do you have arthritis, asthma, diabetes, heart disease, lung disease, weight concerns, depression or another long-term health condition?
Anyone living with a chronic health condition is welcome.
A family member, friend or caregiver can also participate.
Living Well is a free six-week workshop held once a week, for two and a half hours each session. The classes are offered by Fairview Health Services and are led by two trained peer leaders.
How will this program help me?
By taking part in a Living Well program you will learn better ways of coping and managing your health by:
- Setting goals that are do-able
- Working with others
- Finding support and solutions to your health concerns
- Making your daily tasks easier
- Relaxing and managing stress
- Working in partnership with your health care team
What are some of the topics that are discussed?
- Problem solving
- Physical activity and exercise
- Better breathing
- Pain and fatigue management
- Future plans for health care
- Healthy eating
- Communication skills and more
1:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
April 20, 27 and May 4, 11, 18, 25
Class is sponsored and funded by the Fairview Foundation, Fairview Community Health, Fairview Southdale, Minnesota Department of Health, and the Metropolitan Area Agency on Aging.