San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Metastatic Breast Cancer Conference
The 4th Annual Metastatic Breast Cancer Conference in Los Angeles is all about Living Longer, Living Better. Health professionals will discuss issues important to those living with breast cancer, including new treatment options, collateral damages, coping strategies, nutrition and the value of support groups.
Join Susan G. Komen Los Angeles County in the Cooper Auditorium at City of Hope, to learn how to meet the challenges imposed by metastatic disease and live life more fully. Join other metastatic patients at a mixer before the conference starts, 9 am to 10 am.
City of Hope- Cooper Auditorium
1500 E Duarte Rd.
Duarte CA, 91010
The Metastatic Breast Cancer initiative is made possible through the generous Keynote sponsorship of Anthem Blue Cross and Host sponsorship of Amgen.
Can I register the day of the conference?
If the conference isn't sold out, registrations will be accepted the day of the conference.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
City of Hope is conveniently located near several LA freeways. Parking is free and access to the venue is easy. Shuttles are available from the parking lot to the event venue.
Will lunch be served?
Hollywood Chef Paul McCullough, collaborated with Rachel Beller, Founder, Beller Nutritional Institute to create a Super Food inspired lunch in-line with healthy lifestyle nutrition.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Contact us at email@example.com or Sharon Schlesinger MBC Committee Chair at 805.908.2054.
When & Where
Susan G. Komen, Los Angeles County
About the Metastatic Breast Cancer Initiative
Susan G. Komen LA County has taken a leadership role in providing outreach and education to our most vulnerable community, the men and women diagnosed with advanced breast cancer. Whether you call it Stage IV or metastatic disease, the patient must face a chronic life-long illness. From the earliest stages of breast cancer to the more advanced, Komen understands the unique and difficult issues confronting anyone who has been touched by cancer. The Living with Metastatic Breast Cancer (MBC) initiative aims to address an often underserved population of individuals with stage IV metastatic disease and their caregivers.
About Susan G. Komen Los Angeles County
Susan G. Komen Los Angeles County provides funding for breast health services, breast cancer education and outreach in our Los Angeles County communities.
Through events like the Los Angeles County Race for the Cure®, Komen LA County invests 75 percent of the funds raised to support vital local breast health services, and dedicates the remaining 25 percent to national research to find the cures.
Susan G. Komen Los Angeles County is the only organization in LA County that is exclusively dedicated to combating breast cancer on every front. We have one clear mission: saving lives and ending breast cancer forever. We study the unique needs of Los Angeles County every 4 years to formulate our community profile, which allows us to target our grant funding to address the most significant breast cancer issues facing our local communities.
We are serving the breast health needs Los Angelenos through:
- No-cost breast cancer diagnostic services for uninsured and under-insured Los Angelenos
- Comprehensive breast cancer patient navigation, to help women find a medical home
- Breast cancer patient, survivor, and co-survivor support programs
- Public awareness and education about breast cancer issues
- Research to discover and deliver the cures