Living in Harmony with Nature in West Bali
In this two-day Inspired Community Adventure, we will witness West Bali’s astonishing beauty and learn how local villagers care for their environment and make use of the natural resources provided by Mother Nature. We will encounter its beautiful rice terraces, secluded beaches, and mysterious jungles and rivers. We will visit a group of farmers who came together to grow cacao and make their own chocolate, a woman who makes her own virgin coconut oil using a secret recipe of 11 kinds of coconuts, a community of wildlife rescuers that rescue and care for wild animals, a community of villagers who raise gurami in the middle of their rice terraces, and fishermen who rescue turtle eggs and release baby turtles into the ocean.
Day 1 (Gumbrih Village, West Bali)
0700-1100: Journey to West Bali (Stop at a beautiful rice terrace along the way.)
1100-1200: Lunch at a secluded beach
1200-1400: Chocolate farm and factory (Learn to make chocolate.)
1400-1600: Virgin coconut oil production site (Learn to make virgin coconut oil.)
1600-1700: Wildlife rescue site (Meet rescued monkeys, snakes, and other animals.)
1700-1800: Dinner at a gurami fish farm
1800 : Check into a hotel/resort
Day 2 (Perancak Village, West Bali)
0800-1000: Fisherman’s village (Get on a boat and check out the mangroves.)
1000-1100: Turtle Conservation (Hold a turtle and release it to the ocean.)
1100-1200: Lunch with the local fishermen
1200-1400: Meet a local priest (Learn about local spiritual beliefs, receive a blessing.)
1400-1800: Return to Ubud
Sea Medewi Resort, Yeh Sumbul Village, West Bali
Participants on two-day excursions to West Bali will stay at Sea Medewi Resort. Sea Medewi Resort is a moderately priced resort located in front of a secluded beach. The resort has two beautiful swimming pools, meeting space, two swimming pools, two restaurants featuring local and Western cuisine, and a billiards table. Special amenities available for additional cost include surfing lessons, massages, and cream baths.Typically participants share a room with another participant. However, individuals may request their own room for an additional charge of 32 USD.
- Private transport with air-conditioning and cushioned seats
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner as well as snacks and drinks at all village stops (Most of the food will be vegetarian.)
- Facilitated intercultural dialogue with Balinese communities
- Introductory Indonesian language and Balinese customs/manners course
- Reflective dialogues and storytelling
Things to Bring
- Phone and/or camera (fully charged)
- Your own water bottle (Host community members have been requested not to provide packaged bottled water to guests but to offer refilling stations instead. If you do not have a water bottle, a container can be loaned to you.)
- Swimsuit/towel (optional)
- Curiosity and a taste for adventure
- Umbrella (It is the rainy season.)
Please meet inside the HUBUD Coworking space on Monkey Forest Road at 7:00am We will have small breakfast and coffee together before departing no later than 7:30.
This excursion is limited to 14 participants.
Cancellation policy: Should you need to cancel, please contact us phone (+6283119501359) for a full refund. Cancellations must be made 3 days before the event and no exceptions.