San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The Living Coast Discovery Center is hosting a Spring Teacher Open House on Jan 29th, 2017 to celebrate all our San Diego teachers! Not only are teachers are invited to come explore the Living Coast, actively explore the many Living Labs your students can participate in, take a tour, but you will find out about and apply for scholarship opportunities, become a certified LCDC teacher ($25 fee) and even select you field trip date and register!
This event is FREE for current teachers and
3 complimentary guest admissions.
(Teachers must RSVP and present a valid school/staff ID
at the registration table upon entrance to the Living Coast).
Below is a list of the interactive programs we have planned and a schedule of the activities for the day:
- § Hands-on interactive activities from our Living Lab Programs
- § Animal scavenger hunt through our Galleria
- § Access to the National Wildlife Refuge, Sweetwater Marsh walking trails
- § Exploration of indoor and outdoor exhibits displaying native wildlife: sharks, sea turtles, eagles, and more!
- § Registration of classes for field trip and outreach dates
- § Application for scholarship funding
In addition to our daily schedule of events, teachers & their guests are invited to join us for the following special events:
- § 10:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. Docent Guided Tour
- § 11:00 - 11:30 - p.m. Public Shark and Ray Feeding
- § 11:30 p.m. - 12:30 p.m. Docent Guided Tour
- § 12:30 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. Bird Encounter and Presentation
- § 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. Docent Guided Tour
By registering to this event you give us permission to subscribe you to our Email List, which you can opt-out of at any time. You’ll be the first to hear about sponsorship funding for free field trips and outreaches in addition to our general events!
When & Where
Living Coast Discovery Center
The Living Coast Discovery Center inspires care and exploration of the living Earth by connecting people with coastal animals, plants and habitats.
The Living Coast Discovery Center is a nonprofit zoo and aquarium uniquely situated on the Sweetwater Marsh Unit of the San Diego Bay National Wildlife Refuge. We offer visitors an ideal setting in which to explore the amazing animals and plants that call our coastal region home.The Living Coast Discovery Center is dedicated to providing environmental education on coastal resource conservation, and instilling a respect for nature and wildlife in people of all ages.With your support, we will continue to provide educational programs, care for our native plants and animals, and provide visitors with an interactive guest experience.