Live Virtual "Leading without Formal Authority™" Public Workshop
Thursday, October 20, 2016 from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM (EDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Leading without Formal Authority
- What is it?
- Challenges and benefits
- Business case (non-manager)
Stages of Impact Overview:
- Leadership expectations – accountabilities at each stage
- Informal leader – Stage 3 approach without formal authority
Sources of influence:
- Position - Sometimes people follow others because of their position. When individuals are given particular job titles, others may follow them because there is tacit belief that with the position comes certain abilities to get things done.
- Relationships - We tend to trust those people we like more than those we don’t. Those people we are most strongly connected with are those from whom we typically ask most of our favors. Often we consider these people as friends.
- Expertise - People can be influential when they know things that others do not. The more technical or difficult the skill, the more in demand that person is, as long as that skill is necessary to the success of individuals, teams or organizations.
- Resource & Information - When someone is in control or responsible for distribution of money, tools, information, or other resources they can be very influential.
- Stability - People who maintain their emotional stability during difficult or stressful times will prove influential over time. They may be seen as “pillars” on which organizations can depend for their stability.
- Build reciprocal relationships (networking)
- Consult with key influencers
- Collaborate with team members (coalition building)
- Gain commitment (persuasion and negotiation)
- Network evaluation worksheet – strengths and gaps
- Communication worksheet – communicating expectations and actions
- Feedback Discussion Form – gain feedback on my current approach
- 3 High Impact Action items – next steps
During our Live Online Public Workshop, participants will have the opportunity to interact with an Emerge Leadership Consultant as well as participants from other organizations to share ideas and approaches.
When & Where
Emerge Leadership Group LLC
Emerge Leadership Group is one of TrainingIndustry.com's Top Global Leadership Development Companies. By providing our clients with researched-based leadership development tools, assessments, workshops and sustainable ongoing learning, we ensure managers undergo the perspective shift necessary to become successful, productive and engaging leaders.
Our workshops have been created specifically for emerging and prospective leaders, newly promoted leaders, existing first-line leaders and leaders of leaders. Through these workshops, we provide development opportunities for leaders to understand how to maximize their impact to the organization.
For more information visit: www.emergegroup.com