Live Video Production on a Budget for Teachers and Entrepreneurs is a hands-on learning workshop. Are you trying to flip instruction? or do blended learning. Using live video production techniques with a free tool called Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) can shorten your workflow and increase your production value. You already understand that engaging your students is key. Now level up your videos with some live production techniques.
Come to learn how to set up your webcam-enabled computer (Mac or Windows) with OBS, so you can record or stream your own videos live while giving them a finished produced look. I will also go over how to add external camera and mic sources to add even higher levels of quality to your videos.
I'm Cliff Rosa. I have put together more than 25 school video broadcast studios. I was a teacher in public schools for more than 14 years. In my education career I was the teacher who loved video. I started my video production business about three years ago making online courses and content marketing campaigns for small businesses. For schools I have a service of setting up and training teachers how to run school video broadcast studios. You can see some samples of my work in school video studios on this YouTube playlist.
The need for a cost-effective relatively simple solution that gives good quality results is important to both educators and entrepreneurs. I decided to offer this class to connect with enthusiastic motivated teachers and business people who want to make their own videos. My goal is to show you how to do it, answer your questions, and help many of you take your next steps. I love the idea of bringing together the education world and the entrepreneurial world.
I'll be showing you:
- How to add install Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) on your laptop (Mac or Windows).
- How to set up OBS with an intro/outro video and watermark for your content.
- How to give your streamed videos a finished produced look on the fly using Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) as a poor man's live production switcher.
- How to easily get live video from your camera into your computer using a Blackmagic Design UltraStudio Mini Recorder.
- How to live stream your videos to YouTube, Facebook, or record to your hard drive.
Live Video Production on a Budget for Teachers and Entrepreneurs is for teachers who want to accelerate their move toward flipped instruction. It's for school administrators who want to get a video broadcast going for their school. It is for bootstrapping entrepreneurs who want to get the message out to their prospects but don't yet have the budget to hire anyone else to make their videos.
If you want to get the most from this workshop, you should come with:
- a webcam-enabled Mac or Windows laptop.
- download OBS and VLC Player
Optional for higher production values:
- a Thunderbolt equipped computer (Mac made in the last 4 years, some Windows computers as well)
- an external mic, either plugging into your camera with an adapter or into your computer
- a video camera with either HDMI out or SDI out
- a tripod
- a Blackmagic Design UltraStudio Mini Recorder (buy yours here)
- an HDMI cable
- a Thunderbolt cable (buy yours here) Note: Blackmagic Design UltraStudio Mini Recorder requires a USB-C adapter for the newest MacBook Pros
But you can come with none of these to watch the demonstration and maybe even have a little hands-on time.
Sign up for Live Video Production on a Budget for Teachers and Entrepreneurs to learn how to live edit and live stream your videos and build your online presence.
Please contact me using the form below if you have any questions.