Literacy - Springing off the page
Wednesbury, United Kingdom
Join us for two days of training that wil provide practical and inspiring ideas, helping you to use
story books to bring literacy alive.
The day will be led by Stephanie Austwick, who was previously an adviser to the National Strategy Team. She will draw on her years of classroom experience to make sure the day is full of practical ideas to make reading and writing fun.
Both sessions will include lunch and refreshments. This day will have a year 1 and 2 focus. Learning support staff are encouraged to join too.
- Learn new ways to switch children on to literacy.
- Be introduced to new texts that are perfect for your class.
- Explore how to use a single text to teach different genres.
- Try out the training with your own class and share your success on day two.
- Have the opportunity to begin planning for the future terms.
- Share thoughts and ideas with teachers.
Literacy Co-ordinators, Year 1 and 2 Teaching and Learning Support Staff.
Training Provided by
WS10 Conference Suite
85 Holyhead Road
Working with CECET, The provider of this course is Education Central. A unique, innovative partnership that fosters collaborative approaches to school improvement, placing ownership and decision making with schools whilst meeting market demands from a regional and national perspective.