Join the International Literacy Association and UNESCO for the second annual Leaders for Literacy Day, hosted at the Institute of International Education.
The 2016 theme is Literacy Leadership: A Critical Driver to Advancing Literacy for All. During an interactive forum of spotlight talks, panel discussions and Q&A sessions, hear from a cross-sector of literacy experts from the education, nonprofit, private and public sectors about how we can expand our knowledge and approach to support literacy leaders globally. The program will include:
> An update on the state of global literacy from UNESCO’s Lily Valtchanova.
> Spotlight talks by Rebecca McDonald, Founder and Chief Executive Officer at Library for All and Steven Duggan, Director of Worldwide Education Strategy at Microsoft about their experiences promoting literacy leadership as a critical driver to advancing literacy for all.
> A moderated panel focused on collective approaches to advancing literacy leaderships education with Liz Willen, Editor in Chief of The Hechinger Report. Panelists include:
- Leslie Engle Young, Director of Impact, Pencils of Promise
- Jody Spiro, Director, Education Leadership, The Wallace Foundation
- Christie Vilsack, Senior Advisor for International Education, USAID
- Steven Duggan, Director of Worldwide Education Strategy, Microsoft
- Marcie Craig Post, Executive Director, International Literacy Association
By working together, we will go faster and further with greater impact to achieve our common literacy goals.