San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Listening- The Super Hero of Communication
How to listen your way to higher profits, healthier businesses, and happier relationships.
Presented by Lou Hampton
Need to solve problems, end disputes, build teamwork, reward employees, refine new ideas, capture new clients and customers? Listening to the rescue!
Listening is the most persuasive and powerful of all communication skills. It is at the core of good relationships, enthusiastic clients and customers, marketing and sales success, conflict resolution, and new idea creation.
But most people have had little formal training in listening. And what training you may have had was probably missing the insights from recent brain research.
Here’s some of what you’ll experience during our 90 minute program:
• 25 question survey to identify your listening strengths and areas needing improvement
• The 4 Cs of Listening. Apply these and your listening will improve immediately
• 5 listening behaviors that irritate the heck out of speakers (You probably use at least two!)
• 3 techniques to improve listening concentration
•Why so called “active listening” can backfire and a technique that works better
• How a small upstart company snatched a mega-millions-of-dollars contract from an industry giant, all by using superior listening skills
• How to listen “between the lines” to find out what the speaker is really saying
• Why powerful listening skills are not for wimps
About the presenter: Lou Hampton is a principal of The Hampton Group, Inc., specializing in presentation and news media training, message development, and listening skills. He is the 2012 recipient of the International Listening Association’s Business Sector Award for contributions to advancing listening skills in business. The Hampton Group is a long-time AdvantEdge client.
When & Where
AdvantEdge Business Centers
AdvantEdge Business Centers offers customized office space, executive suites, meeting and training room rental, and virtual office packages in 3 locations in the greater Washington DC area. We guarantee each client first-class support, individualized attention, and on-site assistance to help you achieve your goals. Our staff has over 60 years of combined industry experience to help provide you with creative workspace solutions!