Actions and Detail Panel
Liquid Art Photography with Karl Mills
Sat, June 17, 2017, 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM PDT
This workshop will be a hands on course designed to teach you the basics and advanced methods used for high speed photographic capture of water drop, paint collision, water refraction and reflection, sound stimulated liquid art, and other liquid art and macro photography related techniques. The workshop will consist of a combination of technical learning and hands on experience. We will cover everything from the “poor man’s” basic setup to high end, high cost systems and techniques.
What we will cover in the classroom:
- Photography fundamentals for high speed liquid macro photography
- Liquid Art Lighting techniques and equipment
- Basic Liquid Art Photography techniques and equipment
- Advanced Liquid Art Photography techniques and equipment
- Liquid Art Photography resources
- Hands on sessions throughout the workshop
There will be a short break between lecture and hands-on time.
What you should bring:
- Yourself, your camera & tripod.
- Your flash if you have one. But not required.
- An SD card for capturing images to take with you.
About Karl Mills
Karl is a Seattle area based photographer and electrical engineer and enjoys combining technology and photography to produce creative and inspiring images. His latest passion is shooting colorful liquid art macros of paint, water and other liquids. Karl also enjoys photographing sports, theatre, nature macros and landscapes. You can view some of his liquid art photography in the Kenmore Camera Gallery through the end of April. You can also view some of his work online on Instagram at http://www.instagram.com/karl.mills