San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Limited Commerical Landscape Maintenance & Limited Lawn and Ornamental
Pesticide License Exam Prep and Exam
Registration begins at 8:00 am
Class is from 8:30 am-3:10 pm
Exams begin at 3:30pm (see below to take exam)
Morning snacks and lunch is provided
This class provides exam preparation and exam session necessary to obtain the Limited Commercial Landscape Maintenance Certification and provides a review and exam session for the Limited Lawn and Ornamental Certification.
- 8:30 - 9:20 Pesticide Laws & Regulations
- 9:30 - 10:20 Pesticide Labels, Safety
- 10:30 - 11:20 Formulations, Proper Application
- 11:30 - 12:20 Insects of Ornamentals
- 1:20 - 2:10 Weed Control in Ornamentals
- 2:20 - 3:10 Common Diseases of Ornamentals
- 3:30 Exam (see below to take exam)
To take the exam you will need: A completed LCLM or LL&O application with picture ID and a check or money order for $150 made out to DACS must be brought with you the day of the class. Insurance information will be required for issuance of your license, but not to take the exam. If you already have insurance include this information in your application.
Limited Commercial Landscape Maintenance application and insurance (required):
Application (required): http//:forms.freshfromflorida.com/13604.pdf
Certificate of Insurance (required): http://forms.freshfromflorida.com/13654.pdf
Your certificate of insurance must show Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services as the certificate holder. The insured must include the individual's name.
Link for Limited Lawn & Ornamental application (required):
Application (required): http//:forms.freshfromflorida.com/13610.pdf
THE FOLLOWING MATERIALS SHOULD BE STUDIED PRIOR TO THE CLASS AND PRIOR TO TAKING THE EXAM:
Limited quantities available at the Extension Service (call (813)744-5519 to confirm availability) or
Call UF/IFAS Bookstore at 1-800-226-1764 to order (4-5 business days to receive if paying with a credit card); or follow link:
- Applying Pesticides Correctly, SM1, $24
- Ornamental & Turfgrass Pest Management, SM7, $24 – If taking the Limited Commercial Landscape Maintenance Exam, study only the Ornamental portion of this study guide.
Available on the web at no charge (click links below):
- Structural Pest Control Act, Chapter 482, Florida Statutes: http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0400-0499/0482/0482ContentsIndex.html&StatuteYear=2010&Title=%2D%3E2010%2D%3EChapter%20482
- Rules of DACS, Chapter 5E-14, FL Administrative Code: https://www.flrules.org/gateway/ChapterHome.asp?Chapter=5E-14
- Green Industries Best management Practices for the Preservation of Water Resources: http://fyn.ifas.ufl.edu/pdf/grn-ind-bmp-en-12-2008.pdf
Qualifies for FDACS CEUs
The Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences (IFAS) is an Equal Opportunity Institution.