Limited Commercial 'Roundup' & LLO License Seminar and Exam
Limited Commercial Landscape Maintenance "Roundup License" and Limited Lawn and Ornamental Seminar and Exam
If you cut lawns and/or maintain ornamentals at private homes and businesses and wish to apply pesticides – including Roundup – on the job, this six-hour training class is required to obtain the Limited Commercial Landscape Maintenance (LCLM) license, often called the "Roundup License." This certification allows you to apply "Caution"-labeled pesticides to ornamental plants and plant beds (though not to turf or lawn).
This class also serves as a review for the Limited Lawn and Ornamental (LLO) license, which permits private maintenance workers or government employees to apply pesticides to lawn and landscape areas.
WHEN: Seminar, 7:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.; Exam, 3-5 p.m.
COST: $25 for general public; $0 for Sarasota County employees. Fee includes continental breakfast; lunch on your own. Pay online or at the door with cash or check (payable to Sarasota County BOCC).
REGISTRATION: Advance registration required.
CEUs: 3 Core, plus 3 Limited Commercial Landscape Maintenance or 3 Limited Lawn & Ornamental. Maximum: 6 CEUs.
QUESTIONS: Contact Bob Mertens at 941-861-9805 or email@example.com to learn more.
For applicants taking the LCLM / "Roundup License" exam, it is important that you bring the following completed items to the class:
- The License Application (Florida Dept. of Agriculture and Consumer Sciences (FDACS) publication FDACS-13604, page 8 of exam packet), with a passport ID-sized photo attached, as indicated on the application. Obtain the LCLM License application packet at freshfromflorida.com/content/download/23511/484250/limited_landscape_pkt.pdf.
- Certificate of Insurance (DACS 13654, page 9 of exam packet), which must be signed by your insurance agent.
- $150 check, made payable to: DACS.
For applicants taking the Limited Lawn and Ornamental exam, it is important that you bring the following completed items to the class:
- The License Application (FDACS-13610, page 7 of application packet), with a passport ID-sized photo attached, as indicated on the application. Obtain the LLO application packet at freshfromflorida.com/content/download/23512/484255/limited_govpriv_pkt.pdf.
- $150 check, made payable to DACS.
Please DO NOT send the completed materials to FDACS. We will mail the application, along with your $150 check, exam, and attendance sheet directly to FDACS for grading and license issuance.
Important note: This class reviews fundamentals you will need to pass the LCLM or LLO exams. It is not a substitute for studying the pesticide applicator training manuals. These two study guides can be purchased from the IFAS Bookstore at 800-226-1764. Please click the links below for purchase information. We highly recommend that you study both manuals before taking either exam.
NOTE: Classes and events may be canceled at any time due to low registration or other circumstances, with full refunds issued for paid events. Similar classes or events often are offered on future dates.