San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Lila – A group that uses hip-hop to motivate and accentuate the qualities of the other genres we love, LiLa shies from no sound. They are proof that hip-hop can take any direction and be successful while still staying true to the integrity of quality music.
The Bronzed Chorus (Hello Sir Records) – “So Many Dynamos make MAGNET a mixtape: The Bronzed Chorus “Overpass Sunrise” Wasoba: The Bronzed Chorus are two people that sound like at least four, but this song is so perfect that it completely transcends that limitation. As soon as that guitar hook comes in, it just makes all the sense in the world. Stovall: Although their record is full of “I can’t believe only two dudes are playing this” type of moments, this song is the obvious jam. Seeing them play it live only makes you appreciate it that much more. Kay: The drummer plays keyboards without missing a beat. It’s really impressive. ” Magnet Magazine
When & Where
The Pinhook has become Durham’s premiere venue for live music, excellent DJ’s, basic chilling, and collaborative creative events. Here’s what we got:
- Weekends of Musical Mayhem- featuring the best bands from The Triangle, North Carolina, and well beyond.
- Weeknight Monthlies like Open Mics, Open Jams, Karaoke, Trivia, and DJ sets.
- THE GREATEST BAR STAFF IN THE UNIVERSE!
- Pool, Tekken, Ms. Pac-Man, Galaga, Backgammon, Scrabble, etc. (and people with whom to play these games)
- CHEAP. DRINKS. $3 Tallboys, $2 PBR, $1.50 Schlitz, $4 Well Drinks Monday-Wednesday.
- Nightly specials – the perfect way to make cheap drinks even cheaper.
- A PATIO OUT BACK! OUR PATIO IS SO AWESOME. I LOVE YOU, PATIO.
But the most important thing we have is YOU. The Pinhook is YOUR place. We believe that communities thrive when there is a public place for their citizens to be themselves, whether on stage or on a barstool, relaxing or rocking out. For Durham and the Triangle, the Pinhook is that place.
You gotta make your own fun in life, but we’re here to help.