Lightroom Complete with Bob Killen
Six-Night Adobe Certified Training Course
Lightroom is the Photographer’s ‘go to’ digital toolbox because of its powerful organizational library, exquisite image enhancement tools, and ease of output to print, slide show, or for quick upload to the web. It is great for high volume photographers— wedding shooters, senior and portrait creators, commercial image-makers— but it is also great for the photographer creating for personal expression. Lightroom integrates easily with Photoshop for special situations and hosts many wonderful plug-ins too.
The Lightroom Complete course targets beginners who are new to digital organization and enhancement, but the course also targets experienced users who want to take their creative skills to WOW. This six-night Adobe Certified Training Course provides mentored "hands on" training, and you will go from NOW to creating WOW images by the time you leave.
Who Should Attend:
Everyone who wants to organize and add a voice to their images.
How I teach this class:
Lightroom is an intuitive workflow system with great tools for creating images. I teach Lightroom’s step-by-step modules first by example, and then you execute the concept with me by your side to help you perform the skill and grasp the concept. Unlike online courses, you can ask questions and receive personalized "Hands on Instruction" to help you internalize Lightroom.
Students who successfully complete this course will receive a Certificate of Recognition and Completion.
Hands on Instruction
Student workbook with illustrations
DVD with practice files (you may also download this from Bob's web site)
Snacks and water
You will receive Discount Coupons on selected equipment and future classes during the class schedule.
After Course Completion:
• Have resources for learning and staying up to date in Lightroom.
• Have a full understanding of four modules and the nuances of their workflow.
• Have the ability to quickly import and select images for your projects.
• Have the ability to set and manage your color and file preferences
• Have the ability to use Lightroom Tools and Panels: Learn all of the tools, panels, document windows, arrange multiple images, and customize your workspace.
• Have the ability to correct lens distortion and perspective
• Have a full understanding of digital images; explore bit depth, resize images, crop, straighten, and creative cropping
• Have the ability to correct and enhance images with the power of Adobe Camera Raw Engine.
• Have a full understanding and ability to use plug-ins for creative and production uses.
• Have the ability to produce slideshows, print, and upload your images to the web.
• Have complete mastery of Target Adjustment and Gradient tools.
• Have an understanding of Burning and Dodging in the digital darkroom for creative control.
• Have the ability to make Black and White Conversions
• Have the knowledge to master Image Clean Up
• Have complete mastery of Retouching Essentials
• Have full understanding in Sharpening images for print and the web
And much, much, more!
Own and understand the operation of a digital camera.
Bring a laptop (PC or MAC) with Lightroom 3 installed. You will need a minimum 2 gigs of RAM for this class; four or more is preferred. You must have a mouse (no touch pads in this class) but a Wacom tablet will make your learning experience easier.
About Bob Killen:
Bob Killen is an editorial/fine art photographer, and Adobe Certified Instructor and Certified Photoshop Expert based in La Mirada, California. Encouragement and creative thinking are the hallmarks of Bob’s teaching style and many of his fine art students have moved their careers forward with their own gallery shows and publishing credits. His studio specializes in editorial fine art projects, marketing centered photojournalism support for corporate clients, corporate image artwork, task specific industrial and architectural assignments, and photo restoration services for historical images.
Desert Art collectors in twenty countries own Bob’s fine art images, and Bob consults for corporate art departments, and tutors photographers and graphic artists. Killen’s credits cover numerous trade and professional magazines as well as Parade, Life, Look, Roto, and other rack publications.
In 2008, Bob became the First Artist in Residence for Mojave National Preserve, a National Park Service Program. He also is an Affiliated Artist for the National Park Service’s Mojave Arts Program and the Artist Guide for the Desert Light Gallery. He is currently on work on his new book, The Fine Art of Creating Fine Art Photography, and several new fine art projects for release in late summer.
December 10, 11, 13, 17-19th Evenings- 5:00 pm.-9:00 pm.