This workshop explores the artistry of Lighting Design. Students gain an overall technical working knowledge of the tools of the trade, and learn how, and where to apply them to a final design. Students will work with industry standard equipment, while learning the basic operation of each instrument, and the basic methods to program a theatre performance. The workshop format is a “hands on” approach, with a good portion of the workshop spent in a theatre.
Workshop content includes:
‣ Introduction to stage lighting
‣ Lighting design process
‣ Getting the most from your stage lighting equipment
‣ Working within your constraints - time, space, budget, knowledge
‣ Practical use of moving lights and other complex lighting fixtures
‣ Professional lighting design workflow
‣ Lighting design using colours and effects
‣ Basic theatrical cue programming
Participants must be at least 14 years old.