LIGHT UP OUR WORLD
5-9:30 PM SAT, NOV 19, 2016 Daly City's City Hall, 333 90th St, Daly City 94015
Celebrate and Support Arts & Culture in Daly City
MUSIC & DANCE • ART & POETRY • STORYTELLING • LANTERN MAKING & OTHER ART ACTIVITIES • CONTEST FOR BEST COSTUME WITH LIGHTS • WISHING TREE • SNAPFIESTA PHOTOBOOTH • Purchase food and beverages from your favorite food trucks.
LIGHT symbolizes enlightenment, creativity, joy, hope, and unity - which inspires the artist in all of us. Enjoy an evening of creativity that will light up our lives: hear music that gets us to our feet, see art that will delight our hearts, make lanterns to take home and light up our world!
IMAGINE a world lit by creativity, joy, and unity. More than a 1,000 LED votive candles will be given out for a community art performance. The lights will be illuminated together in the shape of a heart - symbolizing the love for our city and arts and culture in our community. Come early! Votive candles will be distributed upon arrival on a first-come, first-served basis. Your eventbrite ticket will reserve a candle for each attendee, so RSVP early! Lighting ceremony starts at 6 pm.
Thank you to the San Mateo County Arts Commission for making LIGHT UP OUR WORLD possible through funding from the San Mateo County Arts Grant Program.
We also thank our partners for their commitment to arts excellence: Afro-Cuban Jazz Ensemble of SF State l Daly City City Council l Daly City Fire Fighters' Union LU 1879 l Daly City Library and Recreation l Holy Angels School l Jefferson Elementary School District l Jefferson High School I JUMP Into Writing l Mission Fusion I SnapFiesta Photobooth l ViBO Simfani
1. What are the categories for the best costume contest? We're looking for enthusiasm and creativity in the following categories: Best Dressed, Best Group, and Best Performance - and we'll probably throw in a couple of others that strikes our imagination!
2. What time will everything take place? A more detailed program will be posted and updated in October.
3. What ages is the programming appropriate for? We believe that there is something for everyone of all ages and backgrounds.
4. Will the event be cancelled for inclement weather? Nope. Please dress for the weather, especially for the lighting ceremony that takes place outside. We will go entirely indoors if it rains. It won't rain, it won't rain.
5. Can I volunteer for the event? Yahoo! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know of your interest.
6. Who can I contact to ask more questions? We will love to hear from you, but please be patient for your answer as we are a volunteer group! Email us at email@example.com
7. I want to help support this annual event - can I make a donation? Absolutely and THANK YOU! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make contact or send us a donation to: Julie Underwood, Assistant City Manager, DALY CITY 333 90th Street, Daly City CA 94015. For a contribution of $100 or more, you will be recognized on this Eventbrite site, the Daly News, the Arts and Culture Commission's Annual Report to the Daly City City Council, and in our event program and posters. Make sure you check in at our VIP table at the event. Donations are also welcome during the event.