Daly City Arts and Culture Commission presents
LIGHT UP OUR WORLD
A Festival to Support Arts and Culture
5-9:30 PM SAT, NOV 19, 2016 Daly City's City Hall, 333 90th Street 94015
Free parking at nearby lots and streets Take SamTrans 121, a 12 min ride from the Daly City Bart Station
FREE ADMISSION Come early to pick up your candle for the 6 pm lighting ceremony!
MUSIC & DANCE • ART & POETRY • STORYTELLING • LANTERN MAKING & OTHER ART ACTIVITIES • DALY CITY FIREFIGHTERS' FIRE LIGHT PERFORMANCE • CONTEST FOR BEST COSTUME WITH LIGHTS • WISHING TREE • SNAPFIESTA PHOTOBOOTH • Purchase food and beverages from your favorite food trucks.
LIGHT symbolizes enlightenment, creativity, joy, hope, and unity - which inspires the artist in all of us. Enjoy an evening of creativity that will light up our lives: hear music that gets us to our feet, take home your favorite fun poses from the SNAP FIESTA Photo Booth, see art that will delight our hearts, make lanterns to take home and light up our world!
IMAGINE a world lit by creativity, joy, and unity. More than a 1,000 LED votive candles will be given out for a community art performance. The lights will be illuminated together in the shape of a heart - symbolizing the love for our city and arts and culture in our community. Come early! Votive candles will be distributed upon arrival on a first-come, first-served basis. Your eventbrite ticket will reserve a candle for each attendee, so RSVP early! Lighting ceremony starts at 6 pm.
Viist our website for more information: http://dalycityarts.org/
Thank you to the San Mateo County Arts Commission for making LIGHT UP OUR WORLD possible through funding from the San Mateo County Arts Grant Program.
We also thank our partners for their commitment to arts excellence: Aiqin Zhou Calligrapher & Painter l Daly City City Council l Daly City Fire Fighters' Union LU 1879 l Daly City Library and Recreation l Daly City Public Library Associates l DeLue Clubhouse Daly City Boys and Girls Clubs l Holy Angels School l Jefferson Elementary School District l Jefferson High School I JUMP Into Writing l Mission Fusion I Nining Muir l San Francisco State Afro-Cuban Ensemble l SnapFiesta Photobooth l ViBO Simfani Music School l ViBO Simfani
Thank you to our donors: San Francisco Examiner and SF Weekly l Republic Services l Alex Herreria l MB Financial & Insurance Services l CitiScape Property Management l Energy Upgrade California +Conxión to Community l Green Development Sustainable Technologies Alliance (GDSTA LLC) l Molloy’s Tavern l Moonstar l Anna Mostella
1. What are the categories for the best costume contest? We're looking for enthusiasm and creativity in the following categories: Best Dressed, Best Group, and Best Performance - and we'll probably throw in a couple of others that strikes our imagination!
2. What time will everything take place? A draft schedule/program is posted on our website: dalycityarts.org
3. What ages is the programming appropriate for? We believe that there is something for everyone of all ages and backgrounds.
4. Will the event be cancelled for inclement weather? Nope. Please dress for the weather, especially for the lighting ceremony that takes place outside. We will go entirely indoors if it rains. It won't rain, it won't rain.
5. Can I volunteer for the event? Yahoo! Contact us at email@example.com to let us know of your interest.
6. Who can I contact to ask more questions? We will love to hear from you, but please be patient for your answer as we are a volunteer group! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Do I need to have a ticket to attend? No worries, just come! We just want to get an idea on how many people will be attending to plan for supplies.
8. I want to help support this annual event - can I make a donation? Absolutely and THANK YOU! Email us at email@example.com to make contact or send us a donation to: Julie Underwood, Assistant City Manager, DALY CITY 333 90th Street, Daly City CA 94015. For a contribution of $100 or more, you will be recognized on this Eventbrite site, ourwebsite dalycityarts.org the Daly News, the Arts and Culture Commission's Annual Report to the Daly City City Council, and in our event program and posters. Make sure you check in at our VIP table at the event. Donations are also welcome during the event.