In an effort to shed light on and raise funds for Marley’s Mission, we will be holding a visually striking...
SKY LANTERN FESTIVAL
"LIGHT THE NIGHT FOR MARLEY'S MISSION"
Takes place on July 28th!
Lake Wallenpaupack Visitor's Center
2512 Route 6 Hawley, PA 18428
Lantern pick-up and festivities begin at 6:30 p.m.
Lantern launch site TBA (approximately 9 p.m.)
Parking and shuttle to Visitor's Center at the Wallenpaupack Area High School
Lanterns may be picked up at the Visitor's Center the day of the event from 12 noon on, but you must return promptly at 7:30 p.m.
(Rain/wind date Sunday, July 29, 2012)
About the event...
- Individuals and families purchase a 100% eco-friendly sky lantern with no wire or wax to support Marley's Mission or in honor of someone special
- Admission includes food, live music performed by Abby Millon and La Lava Django, face painting, drum circles, Circus Yoga and a presentation by Marley's Mission.
- At the conclusion of these festivities, all sky lantern holders will disperse along the launch location around twilight.
- Volunteers will begin lighting your lanterns after the first BLUE Marley's Mission Lantern appears in the twilight sky!
- Once lit, you will feel your lantern begin to lift. From here, participants will let go of their lanterns. Upon letting go, the lanterns will rise miles into the air and naturally go out after about 10 minutes. These lanterns gently land and decompose quickly.
- All the proceeds from this event benefit Marley's Mission.
Support Marley's Mission by Helping us Light the Night!
Interested in volunteering for this event? Please send an email with your contact info to email@example.com
*event instructions and policies will be printed on your ticket
Lantern's may be picked up at the Wallenpaupack Visitor's center located at 2512 Rt. 6, Hawley, PA any time after 12:00 noon.
It is important that all participants arrive by 7:30 at the LATEST!
If you are unable to attend this event, but would like the lantern you purchased to be set-off in honor of someone special, please email HLHOFF@PTD.NET with...
- Your name
- Name of person setting off your lantern (optional)
- If no person is designated to set off your lantern, a volunteer will set it off for you.