Working on building a Learning Commons in your School?
Spend a day with us thinking, working, constructing, sharing and imagining the possibilities and solving the problems.
We will solicit ideas on your status before the bootcamp to ensure that your problems, issues, focus, and progress are the foundation of explorations and activities. All resources as well as collective progress will be archived on a site built for this learning experience. This site will remain for participants to continue learning together.
Areas of concentration to be offered:
· Knowledge building as a central collaborative program focus
· Challenges of collaborative environments
· Opportunities in information and technology environments.
· Progress toward a culture of inquiry
· Building multiple literacies
· Construction of virtual knowledge building centers
· Transforming the Physical Learning Commons
· Building the Virtual Learning Commons
· School improvement as central to the LC
· So what and what’s next in your school districts and the province
David V. Loertscher
Professor, San Jose State University School of Library and Information science
312 South 1000 East
Salt Lake City UT 84102
Please note: Substitute teacher coverage is available for ATA ASLIC members only.
Breakfast and lunch will not be provided.