Actions and Detail Panel
Lego® Your Imagination - Pre-Build Contest
Sat, April 29, 2017, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM EDT
Lego® Your Imagination Brick Building Contest
Hosted by FND Manasota and Face Autism
Open to children ages 7 years old to adult and businesses. Select the category that best represents your age group. If entering as a business or group, complete the commercial and business name line when filling out the registration form for the pre-build contest.
- Elementary School
- Middle School
- High School
- Commercial (Business or Group)
ENTRIES MUST BE BROUGHT READY TO BE DISPLAYED, SECURED WITH NO LOOSE PARTS. CONSTRUCTION WILL NOT BE PERMITTED ON-SITE. DROP OFF TIME FOR PRE-BUILT DISPLAYS IS FROM 9:30 TO 10:30 AM.
- Building Skill - Building skill demonstrated based on entrant's age
Pre-Build Contest Rules:
- Use your own Lego® bricks and elements to build an original creation. Glued creations are acceptable. Deliver your Pre-Built creation to the Gulfcoast Event and Conference Center located at 4740 Cattlemen Road, Sarasota, FL 34233, on Saturday, April 29, 2017 between 9:30 and 10:30 am.
- Public viewing and judging will begin at 11:00 am.
- Designs must be original. Your creation can’t be bigger than 18” x 18”, and no higher than 36”. Entry must be mounted on a LEGO® board due to the need to transport winning creations to Westfield Sarasota Square Mall.
- All entries must be accompanied by a fully completed entry form.
- The decisions of the contest judges are final.
- Only ONE creation per person or team.
- Winners will be announced starting at 2:00pm, Saturday, April 29th
- Contest entries MUST be removed following the awards presentation or by 3:00pm if not being transported to Westfield Sarasota Square Mall.
- Any entries not removed will become the property of Family Network on Disabilities and Face Autism, Inc.
A panel of Community Volunteers will judge the entries and will select a First, Second, and Third place winner in each category. Judges will be provided a list of criteria to use. There will be three judges per catagory.
A trophy will be awarded for First, Second, and Third place winners in each category. All First, Second, and Third place winners will be transported to Westfield Sarasota Square Mall. For 1 week entries will be on display for voting. At the end of 1 week a First, Second, and Third place winner will be chosen based on the number of votes received. Westfield Sarasota Square Mall will then award a mall gift card for $150.00 for First Place, $100.00 for Second Place, and $50.00 for Third Place.
All possible care will be taken in the handling of entries. Entrants accept that Family Network on Disabilities and Face Autism are not responsible for loss of or damage to any entry. By entering the contest, all participants and/or their legal guardians agree to release the organizers, Family Network on Disabilities and Face Autism of all liability that could result from participating in the contest, attending the contest, or the awarding of contest prizes. The entries and participants may be photographed and videotaped. By submitting an entry into this contest, entrants and their parents/guardians hereby grant permission to Family Network on Disabilities and Face Autism to use any photographs of the entrant or the entrant’s submitted model for any promotional use. Any entry not collected by the end of the event on Saturday, April 29, 2017 will become the property of Family Network on Disabilities and Face Autism. By submitting an entry form and participating in the on-site building portion of the event, entrants and their parents/guardians agree to these official rules and regulations and decisions of the judges.
The Family Network on Disabilities (FND) for Manasota is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. Our Federal I.D. Number is 65-0156905. FND of Manasota’s registration number with the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services is CH16350. The Family Network on Disabilities of Manasota employs no contracted solicitors and receives 100% of all contributions. A copy of this official registration and financial information may be obtained from the Division of consumer Services by calling toll-free 1-800-435-7372 within the state. Registration does not imply endorsement, approval, or recommendation by the state.