Legal Nurse Consultant Boot Camp - Pre Conference NNBA
Friday, October 4, 2013 from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM (EDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
In just fifteen minutes you will received an overview of what you can expect at the LNC Boot Camp. Simply follow this link, enter your name and watch the webinar:
When & Where
Rachel Cartwright-Vanzant, PhD(c), MS, RN, LHRM, LNCC
- Owner of Medical Legal Concepts, LLC consulting firm based in South Florida.
- Focuses consulting, education and training seminars on the legal aspects of health care in contemporary health systems, and has presented to health care facility and system clients across the country regarding documentation in the electronic health record; has earned a reputation as a speaker who can make even the most complex content easy to understand with immediate application.
- As an advanced practice registered nurse and a risk manager, she also regularly advises clients on the legal aspects of clinical and operational issues; has served as a legal expert regarding clinical, management, and health care risk management concerns.
- Keynote address: 5th Annual Patient Safety Conference: Martinsburg VA Medical Center “Ethics, Excellence, and Teamwork: Healthcare in the New Normal”; Coverys Regional Risk Management Conference “Uncommon Champions Sleep When They’re Dead”; Speaker for Lorman Education Services, PESI Healthcare, Wilson Shephard Education Associates, San Juan Regional Medical Center, Ventura County Medical Center, UFCW Local 1625, and is faculty at Palm Beach State College lecturing; clinical rotations in high-acuity nursing care.
- Writes books and contributes to publications regarding hospital and health system documentation, nursing standards of care, and medical record review for adverse events.
- Member, National Speakers Association; Women Speakers Association; American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants, National Education Association, American Nurses Association, Florida CEU Provider since 2004.
- PhD candidate, Golden Key International Honor Society, Walden University Public Policy and Administration: Law and Policy; M.S. degree, nursing, with honors, University of South Florida, Licensed Healthcare Risk Manager, American Institute of Medical Law.