Whether you want to start a business, or you’re already operating a business, you’re bound to come across legal questions: Do I need to incorporate? Should I trademark my name? Are contracts really that important? How do I prepare proper invoices? What should I do when leasing space for my business? With this program, we offer answers to all these legal questions and more.
By attending this seminar, you will gain a better understanding of general legal concepts as well as a strong ability to identify legal issues before they become real problems. We take the mystery out of legal issues and provide practical solutions that you can implement immediately.
- Business Structures: Choosing between incorporation, partnership, and sole proprietorship.
- Contracts: Identifying key terms and provisions.
- Shareholders Agreements: What they do and why your business may need one.
- Invoicing: What you need to include to ensure your invoices are enforceable.
- Intellectual Property: Using copyrights, trademarks, and patents to protect your brand and information.
- Hiring Employees and Contractors: The critical differences between employees and contractors.
- Small Claims Litigation: Where to go to enforce your contracts when necessary.
- Entering into a Commercial Lease: The critical terms and provisions to consider before entering a lease.
- Legal Resources: Helpful resources to learn more about legal issues for small businesses.
This session is being presented by:
When & Where
Enterprise Toronto is a one-stop source to start and grow your small business. Our team of small business advisors can help you make the right decisions during your business start-up and help develop your management capabilities as your business venture grows.