The U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) is a non-profit trade organization that promotes sustainability in how buildings are designed, built and operated.
LEED is an internationally recognized green building certification system (developed by USGBC), providing third-party verification that a building or community was designed and built using strategies aimed at improving performance across all the metrics that matter most: energy savings, water efficiency, CO2 emissions reduction, improved indoor environmental quality, and stewardship of resources and sensitivity to their impacts.
About Green Associate
A LEED Green Associate is an individual who has passed the exam and who want to demonstrate green building expertise in non-technical fields of practice, which denotes basic knowledge of green design, construction, and operations.
Who Should Attend
• Those who require a basic understanding of the Green Building framework;
• Those who need understanding of how Green Building concept can be used to enhance the quality of department within the organization.
• Architecture, Civil Engineers, Interior Designer, Construction Managers, MEP Engineers, HVAC Engineers, Landscape architects, Structural Engineers
• Energy Management Professionals
• Environmental Engineering Professionals
Certification Procedure: Individual show involvement in an educational program or in a LEED project that addresses the green building principles. LEED GA is a 2 hour exam, with 100 multiple choice questions(MCQ) each carry 2 marks. Candidate must achieve a minimum score of 170 to pass the exam and earn the LEED Green Associate credential.
Chicago Management Training Institute is a specialized in preparing an individual to pass the challenging LEED examination and be recognized as a LEED certified person.
LEED TRAINING PROGRAM:
LEED Exam Learning Objectives:
Defining sustainable green buildings
Understanding the structure of LEED rating systems & LEED certification Process
Understanding LEED strategies and measurements
Gaining knowledge about different LEED specialization systems
Understanding the technique to pass LEED GA & AP examination.
1) Course content:
• Introduction to green buildings and communities
• Sustainable thinking
• Green building core concepts and application strategies
o Sustainable Sites
o Water Efficiency
o Energy and Atmosphere
o Materials and Resources
o Indoor Environmental Quality
o Locations and Linkages
o Awareness and Education
o Innovation in Design
o Regional Priority
• US Green Building council and its programs
2) Course Materials : (1) Green Building & LEED Core Concept (2) LEED Green Associate Study Guide
3) Course Training Completion Certificate