Leatherstocking AEA May 22nd Program: Your Board and the Committee System
Wednesday, May 22, 2013 from 8:30 AM to 11:30 AM (EDT)
Your Board and the Committee System
Panel Discussion and Overview
This program will explore setting up and maintaining a committee system for your board. The program will provide valuable information concerning topics surrounding the issue. It will also feature a panel discussion about specific examples dealing with board committee systems.
Liz Callahan, Executive Director, Hanford Mills Museum
Liane Hirabayashi, Board Member, Hanford Mills Museum
Fred Huneke, Board Member, Watershed Agricultural Council [WAC]
Danielle Newell, Executive Director, Smithy Center for the Arts
The panel discussion will provide an overview of:
- The value of committes: why even have committees?
- Committee responsibilities and functions
- Strong committee characteristics
- The role of committees in program and governance
- Common issues experienced with committees
- How the Executive Director can support the committee system
- What are board members looking for from staff to support their role?
FoxCare Center's Wellness Conference Room
1 FoxCare Drive
Oneonta, NY 13820
When & Where
New York Council of Nonprofits, Inc. (NYCON)
Founded in 1927, NYCON is a 501(C)(3) membership-based, mission-driven, statewide association of diverse charitable nonprofit organizations. With over 3,000 members, we work to build the capacity of nonprofits and communities to enhance the quality of life through responsive, cost-effective service. Our mission-based activities are enhanced by two subsidiary corporations: Innovative Charitable Initiatives, Inc., and Council Services Plus.