Actions and Detail Panel
Learning to Ignite: Speaker Workshop with Aly Wallberg
Thu, March 24, 2016, 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM CDT
Public speaking doesn't have to be scary
One of the most important leadership skills you can learn is public speaking. No matter your skill level – or fear level – you can learn to do it well and with confidence. All it takes is some knowledge and some practice.
Public speaking coach and two-time Ignite Minneapolis alumna Aly Wallberg will give a 90-minute workshop. The workshop will cover the key aspects of improving your public speaking skills in general, and prepare you for giving an Ignite-style talk in particular.
You'll cover things like:
• Analyze other Ignite talks for structure and delivery
• Writing your talk proposal to win speaking gigs
• How to prepare and structure your talk
• Practicing without rote memorization
• How to speak from the stage, and into a microphone
The best part is, you'll be in the casual atmosphere of the private back room at Billy's on Grand. You can even enjoy a beer and some food during your workshop.