Upon completion of this course, participants will have gained an introduction to water and waste water treatment and provide practitioners with the common conceptual knowledge of water and waste water treatment. As well, practitioners will learn to develop block and process flow diagrams for water/wastewater treatment to convert water quality from a specific water resource to a specific water/wastewater consumer.
The course combines presentations and discussions of topics covered with relevant case studies and practical guides and rule of thumbs will be introduced to participants.The concepts covered are common for municipal and industrial water and waste water treatment systems. It combines knowledge of fundamental principles related to the water and waste water engineering principles, methods, and applicable standards and best industry practices and enforces learning with Question & Answer sessions to maximize the benefits to the participants.
Participants will be provided with comprehensive course notes and copies of presentation material that will be very valuable for detailed study and future reference.
Upon completion of this course, participants will have gained an understanding of the conceptual knowledge of water and waste water treatment.
Participants will increase their knowledge and skills for basic calcualtions for water and wastewater treatment systems.
Practitioners will learn to develop block and process flow diagrams for water/wastewater treatment plant.
Participants will enhance their productivity thereby improving performance level and making additional value added contributions to their organizations.
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for :
- Experienced Engineers for career change
- Water and waste water Engineers in junior level (as their first step in the industry)
- Experienced water and waste water Engineers (to organize their knowledge in a way to enable them to make decisions in new situations)
- Experienced Technicians in water and wastewater plants
- Project Managers
- Other professionals in water and wastewater industry
Those with little or no prior formal background who seek a basic understanding of the practical aspects of water and wastewater treatment should find this course valuable.
- Excel tool for drawing PFD’s and library of equipment symbols
- Video file showing drawing of PFD
- Experienced-based rule of thumb list
- Matrix of water contaminants vs. available technologies
- List of big players in water and wastewater treatment in North America
- List of additional material for further studying