In this Learn to Code workshop, you’ll learn the essentials of Git, the most common version control tool that millions of coders use while developing for the web. We will also learn how to use Github, a popular Git-based repository to host your projects online.
What You’ll Learn:
• How to create and work in a local repository
• How to work remotely using GitHub (push and pull)
• How to fork, clone, merge, and delete and branch repositories
How to Prepare:
– Bring your laptop, fully charged (bring your charger just in case)
– Install Git: http://git-scm.com/downloads
– Install GitHub Desktop: https://desktop.github.com/
– Install the Atom text editor if you don’t have a text editor. Go here: https://atom.io/
– Install Google Chrome (any browser will do, but Chrome can do some cool things): https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/desktop/
None, but it would be helpful to have previously completed our HTML and CSS workshops.
Meet Your Instructor:
Lee Ngo is an evangelist for Galvanize based in Seattle. Previously he worked for UP Global (now Techstars) and founded his own ed-tech company in Pittsburgh, PA. Lee believes in learning by doing, engaging and sharing, and he teaches code through a combination of visual communication, teamwork, and project-oriented learning.
About our Sponsor
Galvanize is the premiere dynamic learning community for technology. With campuses located in booming technology sectors throughout the country, Galvanize provides a community for each the following:
- Education – part-time and full-time training in web development, data science, and data engineering
- Workspace – whether you’re a freelancer, startup, or established business, we provide beautiful spaces with a community dedicated to support your company’s growth
- Networking – events in the tech industry happen constantly in our campuses, ranging from popular Meetups to multi-day international conferences
To learn more about Galvanize, visit galvanize.com.