Want to learn how to code but never knew how to get started? This free course for pure beginners will explain and dive deep into the fundamentals of CSS to you as you get started on your journey to learning the basics of web development.
What You’ll Learn
- Setting up our computers for web development
- Setting up your HTML with CSS
- Basic CSS syntax and features
- Advanced CSS features
- Playing around in the sandbox
How to Prepare
– Bring your laptop, fully charged (bring your charger just in case)
– Install the Atom text editor if you don’t have a text editor. Go here: https://atom.io/
– Install Google Chrome (any browser will do, but Chrome can do some cool things): https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/desktop/
– This class presumes a basis in HTML. You can get familiar with it with our Learn to Code HTML course.
Meet Your Instructor
Remko (Capt. Marbles) de Knikker is a Senior Software Engineer and Developer Advocate for IBM Cloud.
About our Sponsor
Galvanize is the premiere dynamic learning community for technology. With campuses located in booming technology sectors throughout the country, Galvanize provides a community for each the following:
- Education – part-time and full-time training in web development, data science, and data engineering
- Workspace – whether you’re a freelancer, startup, or established business, we provide beautiful spaces with a community dedicated to support your company’s growth
- Networking – events in the tech industry happen constantly in our campuses, ranging from popular Meetups to multi-day international conferences
To learn more about Galvanize, visit galvanize.com.
Thanks to our friends at eBay for hosting us in their amazing space!