Learn PCB layout with EAGLE
Thursday, February 13, 2014 from 8:00 PM to 9:30 PM (PST)
Culver City, CA
If you’re new to EAGLE and/or PCB fabrication this is a good opportunity to get your feet wet. Depending on the audience, I’ll provide a basic walkthrough or get into some more intermediate topics. The goal is to actually finish a board and send it off to be made this weekend.
The workshop is $10 to members and $30 to the public.
What is covered:
- starting with an AVR, the popular microcontroller behind the arduino craze.
- look at how this chip can be made to run on a breadboard with some simple circuits
- model these circuits in EAGLECAD, a free and popular-ish printed circuit broad (PCB) design tool
- create some parts and layout the circuit on a virtual board
- cover how one sends this board to OSHPark, a pretty awesome PCB fabricator.
And the reason it’s happening? There is great service provided by one of the DorkbotPDX folks named Laen. It is a remarkably inexpensive way to prototype a few boards, and he’s sending off a board everyday. checkout: oshpark.com
So, if you’ve been wanting to get that board made, but haven’t quite finished it, or want to learn a new skill, swing by on Thursday, February 13, 8:00pm – 9:30pm !
Sing Up NOW!!!
When & Where
We are a collection of hackers, programmers, builders, makers, artists and people who generally like to break things and see what new things we can build with the pieces.