This series of classes are designed to teach you everything you every wanted to know about WordPress*. In three classes we'll clover web hosting, editing post/pages, plugins, online marketing, & how integrate your WordPress site with social media.
What Will You Learn:
This series includes 3 classes plus 3 Hours working One on One with a WordPress Expert that will teach you everything you need to know about WordPress. Depending on the topic, more time may be needed in order to cover the essentials. In addition, time will be available to answer all your questions that you may have.
We Will Cover All The Steps Necessary To Go From Newbie To WordPress Master
With that said, here are the 7 modules that will be covered:
Module 1: Domain Names, Registrars, and Hosting
These may be foreign words for you – you may not even know what they mean. That is not a problem! You will master these concepts and be able to talk to the necessary technical people to get your site up and running. You will know exactly what to say and to whom to say it! Here is what happens in this module – you will learn:
- About good names vs. not so good names
- How to register the name and where
- Which hosting plan is best for you and why
- How to access your site once you have these things
Module 2: Welcome WordPress
This is what everyone wants to know! In this module, you will install WordPress on your website and start to mold it into the site you always wanted. By the end of this module you may not have it exactly the way you want, but we have to start somewhere! Here is what happens in this module – you will learn:
- How to install WordPress on your site
- The difference between a Page and a Post
- How to create new pages
- Publish a blog post
- How to instantly let your customers know when you make changes to your site such as offer a new product promotion, have a sale, or even just providing an update on what is new!
Module 3: Have Your Website Do What You Want With Plugins
Now that you have your site created and it is already showing content to your visitors, it is time to really spruce things up by customizing it. This will be necessary to help keep your visitors coming back as well as letting them find you! Here is what happens in this module – you will learn:
- What are Plugins and why you want them
- Which plugins you should install and why
- How to install plugins, activate them, customize them
- Where to get plugins, both free and premium plugins
Module 4: Changing the Look of the site
There are times when you will want to change the way the site looks. This may be because your focus changes or you want to update. Here is what happens in this module – you will learn:
- Why you would want to change the theme
- How to change the theme of the website
- The difference between free and premium themes
- Where you can find various themes
Module 5: Building a List
It is time to get serious and start involving outside people. You will learn the importance of building your list and how to do it. In addition, you will work with the tools to leverage the power of automation. Here is what happens in this module – you will learn:
- Why it is important to have a list of potential customers
- Various List Building tools and how you should evaluate them
- The most important feature to investigate when selecting your list building tool
Module 6: Social Media and Web 2.0
You may have been hearing about these and not know what they are – no worries! You will learn all about integrating Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other sites that you can leverage to increase your visibility. Here is what happens in this module – you will learn:
- How to effectively use Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other sites to help promote your website – if you want to.
- Tools to help manage your time so you do not have to be online all the time
Module 7: Since You Build It, You Will Get Them There
In this final session, we will be talking about Search Engine Optimization (SEO) some more, and having people visit your site. This last session is all about bringing everything all together. Was anything missed? Did anything come up that we did not discuss? Now is the time to get it covered!
One on One Project
Three hours of One on One individualized help.
About The Series:
Classes are limited to 10 people and usually last 1 hour. This series includes 3 classes taking place each Tuesday evening at Topics Chicago in Lincoln Park. In addition 3 hours of One on One individualized support will be provided.
(Custom classes & locations are available. Call us for more info --- 312-772-5187)
What You Will Need:
While not required we highly suggest bringing your laptop.
This class is $150. Payment will not required to RSVP until the list reaches 5 people. Payment details will be sent to all RSVPs after we reach 5 people. All participants must register & complete payment one week before the class starts. Refunds will only be offered if the call is cancelled or rescheduled.
About Code1 & Co.
Code1 & Co. connects students with Experts who teach one or more classes focusing on Digital Media & Technology. About the Class Instructor:
Always an entrepreneur & strategist with a focus on the digital landscape, sometimes an advisor, a CTO, & all around Ninja. Asha is the founder of Code1 & Co., along with several other other "tech" companies. He's designed WordPress sites for digitaldiva20.com, Paanifoods.com, Haciendademita206.com, Noirwoman.com, & many many more.
For More Information: 312-772-5187
Code1 & Co
Code1 & Co. connects students with Experts who teach one or more classes focusing on Digital Media & Technology.