Learn from the Master - Sushi Making Class - Rolls
San Francisco, CA
Come Join Chef Kaz Matsune of Breakthrough Sushi for this fun sushi making class. You will get to have a chance to learn all the basics of sushi making starting from ingredients and how to make sushi rice. Kaz will share his secret tips, answer your questions on sushi making and everything you want to know about sushi like, "Where is a good sushi restaurant and where do I get sushi quality fish in San Francisco?"
- Knife Handling
- How to make sushi rice
- How to make California Roll
- How to Rainbow Roll
- How to make Hand Roll
- Communal Dinner
- Plenty of sushi to eat
- Event Location to be notified only to the registrants one week prior to the event date.
- Organic and Sustainable Ingredients.
- Ticket is good only for the date of the class. If you miss the class, there will be no refund.
- 7 day cancellation policy.
- 20 participants minimum.
- Purchaser wil be notified for cacellation 7days before the class and receive a full refund.
- Participants must be at least 21 years old or being accompanied by an adult.
Breakthrough Sushi by Kaz Matsune
While Kaz Matsune learned some cooking techniques from his mother growing up in Japan, it was watching Graham Kerr on TV that truly inspired him to go on to become a chef. Twelve years ago, he started his career at Iroha Sushi of Tokyo in Studio City and after two years moved on to a slew of jobs as head sushi chef, serving such Hollywood clienteles as Mick Jagger, Denzel Wasthington and Leonaldo DeCaprio. Then helped open Kanpai in Los Angeles, where he developed the menu. Kaz had a unique experience developing dishes for San Francisco's first organic Japanese restaurant, Minako, before moving on to Ozumo and then famed restaurant Greens. In 2012, he started Breakthrough Sushi specializing in premium corporate team building and private sushi classes, serving such clients as Google, Intel, Consulate General of Netherlands, First Republic Bank, Oracle and Citibank. His sushi class and tasting event is one of a kind unique “experience” of dinner, educational class and culinary show using newly discovered ingredients and techniques.