Learn how to build connected mobile apps with Xamarin and Azure. This hand-on-labs (HOL) walks you through the process of building a scalable backend a mobile app named Yammerly - a social network for employees. The training assumes you have absolutely no knowledge of Microsoft Azure (specifically Azure Mobile Apps), though it does assume you know how to build mobile apps with Xamarin.
9.00 am – 10.00am Registration
10.00am – 11.00am Introduction to Azure - Anand Ratnam
11.00am - 12pm Azure Mobile Engagement - Chia Shaw Chyn (Microsoft MVP)
12.00pm – 1.30pm Lunch
1.30pm – 3.30pm Azure Hand-On-Labs
*Subject to change
The hand-on-labs is broken down into five modules:
1. Build a no-code backend with Azure Easy Tables.
2. Create a fully-customizable ASP.NET Web API backend.
3. Add identity with Azure Active Directory.
4. Add push notifications with Azure Notification Hubs.
5. Add blob Storage with Azure Storage.
Experience with Visual Studio , C# or Azure and Beginner.
1. Please Install Visual Studio 2015 / Visual Studio 15 with Xamarin
https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/features/xamarin-vs.aspx with Windows 10 Pro and above.
2. Organizer will not help any student install any software on that day.
3. NO certification provided.
4. Bring Your Own Laptop with the software installing.
5. Bring your Identification Card /Passport for KLCC Security Purpose.
6. No Short Pant, Slipper,Round Collar t-shirt are strictly prohibited.
7. For any of participants who cannot be attend please do let us know and not allow to bring other unregistered participants or replacement. Walk in is not allowed.
8. No Food Provided.
9. Organizer NOT ALLOWED participant use same email to register for their friend or colleague.
Before Attend the Class
Microsoft Virtual Academy
Date and Time
Microsoft Malaysia Office
Level 26, Menara 3 Petronas
Kuala Lumpur City Centre, Kuala Lumpur 50088