Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
A small group of people will gather at techsmith on April 26, 2014, for a highly-discounted, first of its kind, public preview of the one-day lean software delivery course. Come join the brightest minds in software delivery and testing to help contribute to this next-generation course in software methods!
What is Lean Software Delivery?
Lean Software Delivery (LSD) is an approach that focuses on improving throughput while reducing risk. To do that, we explain principles to analyze the way the work is being done right now, provide guidelines for improvement, and reference examples for comparison.
The one-day course provides tools to help you understand software flow in a different way and customize existing methods at your organization. Starting with “what are we doing now?”, participants in the course learn what to change next, how to design safe experiments, reduce risk, and continually improve.
In this compressed, one-day version of the class, we focus on management concepts to measure and improve the testing and overall development process.
Lean with ...
* A solid understanding of lean manufacturing and how that applies to software delivery.
* An “out of the box” improvement method that plugs into a Traditional, Agile or even Continuous Software Delivery Model
* Tools to analyze the existing way you do the work
* Tools to measure performance: cycle time, work in progress, touch time, and lead time
* Methods to determine which change to make next
* Understand how flow impacts throughput
* Learn the Find > Fix > Retest loop, what it does to productivity ... and how to fix it
* Reduce time spent estimating and planning work
* Reduce risk of the next release by finding the bugs that matter
* Reduce delivery time by finding the important bugs early, or preventing them
* Learn to communicate about risk and testing both inside the technical team and out
About the course
Instruction begins at 8:30 and is expected to end at 4:30. Drinks and snacks will be provided; we'll break for lunch on our own, but expect a caravan to a local pub. For More information, email email@example.com or the course instructor, Matthew Heusser: Matt@xndev.com.
There is no official 'conference hotel', but The Fairfield Inn East Lansing is a nice, two-block walk from Techsmith. The Fairfield includes free hot breakfast and has very reasonable rates.
About the Instructor
In 2013, Matt Heusser served as the test/quality track chair for the Agile Conference and delivered keynote addresses at Agile Testing Days (Potsdam, Germany), STANZ (Software Testing New Zealand), and Test Automation Day (Rotterdam, The Netherlands.) In the same year he completed a term as a member of the board of directors for the Association for Software Testing (AST), and served as consulting advisor for test for a eCommerce project supporting tablets, smartphones, iPods, and all traditional browsers.
That was all just last year.
Come join us in 2014!
When & Where
Excelon Development is a prestige software consultancy that specializes in test and quality.