Actions and Detail Panel
Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification Program - Get Certified!
Thu, Apr 27, 2017, 8:00 AM – Fri, Apr 28, 2017, 5:00 PM EDT
Session 1: Thursday, April 27, 2017
8:00am - 5:00pm EST
Session 2: Friday, April 28, 2017
8:00am - 5:00pm EST
This course is designed to instill an in-depth understanding of Lean Six Sigma and give you a clear sense of what is required to define high impact improvement projects. It will help you establish Lean Six Sigma measurements and complete Lean Six Sigma projects using the systematic and proven Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control (DMAIC) methodology.
This course offers you the perfect opportunity to demonstrate your foundational understanding of process management and improvement through the IIL Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification.
Anyone interested in learning the fundamental principles, concepts and terminology of Lean Six Sigma will benefit from this course. Executives, managers, support employees, account managers, sales representatives and operational managers who support Lean Six Sigma (either internally or externally through customers engaged in this initiative) should not miss this opportunity. This class is also perfect for employees about to participate on a Lean
Six Sigma team.
There are three main facets of Lean Six Sigma:
- It is a Business Management Strategy that aligns your organization through clearly defined roles and responsibilities; it also provides a comprehensive set of measurements to help align projects with strategic objectives.
- Secondly, it measures the capability of any process to determine the ability to deliver products and/or services without defects.
- Finally, it is a rigorous methodology to improve or redesign critical processes.
This comprehensive course will teach you the fundamental aspects of each facet. You will learn, practice and apply the basic concepts, tools and techniques necessary for process
improvement. Improved processes will result in higher quality, lower costs and improved
You will learn how to:
- Establish the structure that supports and sustains Lean Six Sigma Quality
- Identify and calculate key Lean Six Sigma Measurements (Sigma, DPMO and Yield)
- Select successful, high-impact projects that match to strategic objectives
- Document, measure and improve key processes using the DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control) Methodology
- Utilize data-based thinking to make key business decisions
- Course structure
- Course goals and objectives
Introduction to the Fundamentals and Vision of Lean Six Sigma
- Lean Six Sigma’s focus on the customer, on quality and on results
- The costs of poor quality
- Critical factors to consider when deploying Lean Six Sigma
- Lean Six Sigma as a process improvement methodology
- Lean Six Sigma metrics
- Why do it – return on investment (ROI) and payback for Lean Six Sigma
- Business Process Management
- Critical Lean Six Sigma roles and responsibilities
- Main aspects of managing the organizational change
- Project selection
Metrics of Lean Six Sigma and the DMAIC Model
- How to strategically align business metrics and projects within an organization
- How to identify and measure quality characteristics which are critical to customers
- What does the customer (internal or external) really want from our products and services?
- Establishing appropriate teams and setting those teams up to be successful
- What defines a good measurement system?
- How are we doing? (the secret to measuring the right things correctly)
- How to improve output measures by understanding and measuring the process
- Where are there defects? (how to properly select and scope high-impact projects)
- Where is the process broken? (the Lean Six Sigma version of root cause analysis)
- How to determine the process efficiency, or value add, of a process
- The appropriate use of quality tools
- Understanding the concept of variation and how to reduce knee-jerk reactions
- How to achieve breakthrough results for any key measure
- How can we ensure the identified improvements will be sustainable? (the
basics of process control)
Course Summary and Next Steps
Yellow Belt Certification Qualifications
Candidates for IIL’s Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification must attend the Yellow Belt Certification program and achieve a passing score (70% or higher) on a 30-question multiple-choice exam.
IIL’s Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification Program also prepares you to pass the IASSC Certified Yellow Belt Exam (optional). For more information, visit www.iassc.org.
When complete, you can earn 14 Professional Development Units (PDUs) in the Leadership category.