Actions and Detail Panel
Lean In Seattle: TED-Style Summit on Powerful Transitions and LIWV Celebrat...
Sat, May 20, 2017, 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM PDT
TED-Style Summit on Powerful Transitions and LIWV Celebration
(Former title: Powerful Transitions | Foundation + Movement Series)
In a powerful first-time TED-style event, our Lean In Seattle Chapter is going to tackle the topic of Powerful Transitions. At any given moment, 75% of our Chapter is going through a transition of some kind: new job, promotion, move, relationship status change, motherhood, reentering the workforce, or transitioning from the military to the private sector. These major life-changing events can be crippling or galvanizing—you get to choose!
In a series of lightning talks, our unbelievable speaker list will unpack topics like Creating an Epic Career, Planning Your Transition, Networking for the Win, Killing It!, Leaning In in 2017: The Global View, and much much more. You do NOT want to miss this! And, we are eager for those living in the South Sound to come, so we've arranged for free transportation from Tacoma to the event (see below).
Speaker list includes:
- SEN. PATTY MURRAY, Washington State Senator, Chair of the Veterans' Affairs Committee, 112th Congress
- KAYLA WILLIAMS, Director, Center for Women Veterans at Department of Veterans Affairs
- ALFIE ALVARADO-RAMOS, Director, Washington Department of Veterans Affairs
- KATHLEEN CARROLL, Director, Amazon Talent Acquisition
- LT. COL. ERIKA CASHIN, Founder of Lean In Military and Co-Founder of Lean In Women Veterans
- CAROLINE CENIZE-LEVINE, Founder of SixFigureStart and career coaching expert
- ASHLEY FINCH, Vice President, Partnerships & Programs, Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation (LeanIn.Org / OptionB.Org)
- CORDILA JOCHIM, President and Strategist, Lean In Seattle, Co-Founder of Lean In Women Veterans
Women from other Lean In Chapters are flying in from Minneapolis, Los Angeles, DC and more in a Summit event that will be sure to raise the roof, motivate action, and elevate your transitions to earthshakingly powerful events.
YOU GOT THIS!
10 Lean In Seattle Leaders
. . . and 1 profoundly good time
We will also be celebrating the one-year anniversary of Lean In Women Veterans, the joining-forces initiative between Lean In Military and the Lean In Seattle Chapter. If you are a veteran, you belong here. #sistersafterservice
RSVP now! We are making space for 500 but expect the event to be sold out.
Free Transportation from the South Sound Area
If you are coming from the South Sound (including Tacoma, Olympia, Bremerton, Kitsap), we offer free round trip bus service to the event in Seattle. Please choose the GA + South Sound Bus ticket type.
- Pick up Time: 7:30a on the day of the event
- Pick up/Drop off Location: Tacoma Mall (Sears parking lot across from Krispy Kreme). Look for the CDS (Commercial Driving School) buses. Mall address: 4502 S Steele St, Tacoma, WA 98409
Parking is available in all Seattle Center lots.
King County Metro Online, Seattle Center Monorail
- Disabled Parking: With a disabled parking permit, a person can park all day in a one-hour or two-hour parking spot, of which they are several near the corner of Second and Thomas near the church and on the south side of Thomas Street behind the Seattle Center Pavilion.
- Drop Off Locations: Gate 2/3 at the corner of Second and Thomas
- Accessible Entries: East elevator and front (north) doors
- Elevators/Ramps: East Elevator
- Accessible Restrooms: Each restroom has an ADA stall. There are also accessible water fountains inside at both the east and west ends of the building.