Actions and Detail Panel
Lean In Seattle: Powerful Transitions for an Epic Future | Foundation + Mo...
Sat, May 20, 2017, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM PDT
Join us for a day of inspiring, high-profile speakers and a celebration of Lean In Seattle + Lean In Women Veterans
The women’s leadership movement is experiencing a transformational groundswell, an unstoppable uprising, and each individual has a role in moving the world forward. Lean In Seattle and Lean In Women Veterans are hosting a full-day event that pulls our community together from all corners of the nation. With high-profile speakers from around the country we’ll celebrate, support and vision-cast an epic future for women and women leaders. Hot off the heels of our epic growth year, these powerful groups and their civilian and veteran members will bring us individually and as a community to new visions for the future.
The day will feature:
- Anniversary celebrations for Lean In (4 years), Lean In Seattle (3 years) and Lean In Women Veterans (1 year)
- Talks from high-profile speakers under the theme of Powerful Transitions
- Pop-ups for Lean In Circles where women can find the perfect crew to support them as they reach for their goals and aspirations
- Breakout sessions on how to map your career goals and transition plans
SPEAKERS & TOPICS INCLUDE:
- Lt. Col. Erika Cashin, Founder of Lean In Military + Co-founder of *Lean In Women Veterans
- Kayla Williams, Director of Center for Women Veterans at Department of Veterans Affairs
- Kathleen Carroll, Director of Amazon Talent Acquisition
- Ashley Finch, Vice President of Partnerships & Programs, Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation (LeanIn.Org / OptionB.Org)
- Caroline Cenize-Levine, Founder of SixFigureStart and career coaching expert
- Alfie Alvarado Ramos, Director of Washington Department of Veterans Affairs
- Cordila Jochim, Executive Board Member of Lean In Seattle, Co-founder of Lean In Women Veterans
9:00–9:30 | Arrival + Socializing
9:30–11:30 | Speakers
12:00–1:00 | Lunch (lunch will be available for purchase)
1:00–3:00 | Breakout Sessions
1:00–3:00 | Lean In Circle Pop-ups
Free Transportation from the South Sound Area
If you are coming from the South Sound (including Tacoma, Olympia, Bremerton, Kitsap), we offer free round trip bus service to the event in Seattle. Please choose the GA + South Sound Bus ticket type.
- Pick Up Time: 7:30 on the day of event
- Location: Tacoma Mall (Sears parking lot across from Krispy Kreme). Look for the CDS (Commercial Driving School) buses. Mall address: 4502 S Steele St, Tacoma, WA 98409
PARKING: Parking is available in all Seattle Center lots.
PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION: King County Metro Online, Seattle Center Monorail
- Disabled Parking: With a disabled parking permit, a person can park all day in a one-hour or two-hour parking spot, of which they are several near the corner of Second and Thomas near the church and on the south side of Thomas Street behind the Seattle Center Pavilion.
- Drop Off Locations: Gate 2/3 at the corner of Second and Thomas
- Accessible Entries: East elevator and front (north) doors
- Elevators/Ramps: East Elevator
- Accessible Restrooms: Each restroom has an ADA stall. There are also accessible water fountains inside at both the east and west ends of the building.