Leading the Lean-Agile Software Enterprise with the Scaled Agile Framework®
This two-day course teaches the Lean-Agile principles and practices of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®). You’ll learn how to execute and release value through Agile Release Trains, how to build an Agile Portfolio, and how to lead a Lean-Agile transformation at enterprise scale. You will gain an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset and how to apply the principles and practices of SAFe to support Agile teams, programs, program portfolio management, and to coordinate large Value Streams.
Attending the class prepares you to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Agilist (SA).
Associated Certification: SAFe Agilist (SA)
About the Trainer
Wiselin Mathuram has nearly 17 years of professional experince who currently works a Senior Technical Program Manager at PayPal.
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors, CIOs, and VPs
- Development, QA and Infrastructure Management
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Management
- Portfolio Managers, PMO, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, System and Solution Architects
After this course, you should be able to:
- Apply SAFe to scale Lean and Agile development in your enterprise
- Support the execution of Agile Release Trains
- Coordinate large Value Streams
- Manage a Lean-Agile Portfolio
- Align the organization to a common process model
- Configure the Framework for your context
- Unlock the intrinsic motivation of knowledge workers
- Support a Lean-Agile transformation in your enterprise
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Embracing a Lean-Agile Mindset
- Understanding SAFe Principles
- Implementing an Agile Release Train
- Experiencing PI Planning
- Executing and Releasing Value
- Building an Agile Portfolio
- Coordinating Large Value Streams
- Leading the Lean-Agile Enterprise
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SA certification exam.
- 5+ years experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product or project management
- Experience in Scrum
About the SAFe® Agilist Certification
Attending the class prepares you to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Agilist (SA). The SAFe Agilist certification program is for executives, managers and Agile change agents responsible for leading a Lean-Agile change initiative in a large software enterprise. It validates their knowledge in applying the Scaled Agile Framework, lean thinking, and product development flow principles in an enterprise context so they can lead the adoption of the Scaled Agile Framework.
SAFe® Certification Kit
Attendees who pass the exam will receive:
- A SAFe Agilist certificate
- One year certified membership as a SAFe Agilist
- SAFe Agilist branding kit with the SA certification mark
What You Get
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbooks
- Eligibility to take the SAFe Agilist exam
- One-year membership to Scaled Agile, with access to members-only resources such as webinars, workbooks, guidance presentations, and advance notice of upcoming SAFe products
- SAFe Agilist (SA) attendance certificate upon request
Renewals are from the date of certification
- Renewal fee: $100
- 10 continuing education/outreach hours
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for 16 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP and PMI-ACP certifications.
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
What's the refund policy?
When a workshop is cancelled:
We take cancellations seriously because we realize it takes planning for you to find the time to enroll in workshops. Although we do all we can to avoid cancelling workshops, occasionally it happens. If we cancel the class, we provide you with a special code for a discount on your next registration with us. And we will help you find the next suitable date that meets your needs. See the refund policy below.
1. If we cancel a workshop, we will either refund your money 100% or help you find another date to transfer your reservation along with a code for a future workshop discount, to show our appreciation for your continued support.
2. If you cancel your reservation prior to 10 days before the first class meeting, we will apply 100% of your payment toward the next workshop you are available to enroll in. If you cancel days 1-9 prior to the first class, we will help you find another workshop, but we will retain $150 dollars of your prepaid registration, You must cancel in writing by emailing us at email@example.com. We will not provide any refund if you do not contact us in writing/email or you fail to contact us at all.
If more than 1 of us from our company registers at the same time, do we get a discount?
2 people: $50 discount each
3-6 people $100 discount each
We also provide a significant discount if we conduct training for 7 or more at your workplace. For information, call 408-601-0422
Does our registration fee include lunch and breakfast?
Is there an additional cost for training materials?
NO. The cost of materials is included with the registration fee.