Leading SAFe 4.0 with SA Certification
Leading the Lean-Agile Software Enterprise with the Scaled Agile Framework®
This two-day course teaches the Lean-Agile principles and practices of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®). You’ll learn how to execute and release value through Agile Release Trains, how to build an Agile Portfolio, and how to lead a Lean-Agile transformation at enterprise scale. You will gain an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset and how to apply the principles and practices of SAFe to support Agile teams, programs, program portfolio management, and to coordinate large Value Streams.
Attending the class prepares you to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Agilist (SA).
Associated Certification: SAFe Agilist (SA)
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors, CIOs, and VPs
- Development, QA and Infrastructure Management
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Management
- Portfolio Managers, PMO, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, System and Solution Architects
After this course, you will understand how to:
- Apply SAFe to scale Lean and Agile development in your enterprise
- Support the execution of Agile Release Trains
- Coordinate large Value Streams
- Manage a Lean-Agile Portfolio
- Align the organization to a common process model
- Configure the Framework for your context
- Unlock the intrinsic motivation of knowledge workers
- Support a Lean-Agile transformation in your enterprise
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Embracing a Lean-Agile Mindset
- Understanding SAFe Principles
- Implementing an Agile Release Train
- Experiencing PI Planning
- Executing and Releasing Value
- Building an Agile Portfolio
- Coordinating Large Value Streams
- Leading the Lean-Agile Enterprise
Tom Wessel, Agile Coach and Client Delivery Lead
Tom Wessel is Eliassen Group's Enterprise Agile Coach based in the Southeastern Region. Tom has over 20 years’ experience working in the software development field various industries. His experience spans the entire end-to-end software development life cycle with expertise in the areas of program/project management, QA, knowledge management, release management, development and technical support.
Mr. Wessel is credentialed as a CSM (Certified ScrumMaster), CSP (Certified Scrum Professional), SPC (SAFe Program Consultant), SA (Scaled Agilist), ICP-ATF (Agile Team Facilitation), PMP (Project Management Professional), PMI-ACP (Agile Certified Practitioner), Six Sigma Green Belt, CSTE (Certified Software Tester), and ITIL v3 Foundation Certified.